L27 Teles pires?

Hank N.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2019
Are Araguaia L-27’s that much more colorful tha TP’s, Xingu’s and Tocantins?

Jonnyakawombell

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2010
durham
Are Araguaia L-27’s that much more colorful tha TP’s, Xingu’s and Tocantins?
No not in my opinion, there different colours to Xingu’s and Tocantin’s but colour wise there similar to TP, TP has a deeper 24k gold when settled, where as the Araguaia is a lighter gold more like 9k, the marking lines on the Araguaia I find are also thinner and more consistent then TP, TP marking lines are often broken in the middle of the fish, either way there both stunning fish to own, but TP is obviously far far harder to obtain (took me 2 years) and much more expensive

Hank N.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2019
No not in my opinion, there different colours to Xingu’s and Tocantin’s but colour wise there similar to TP, TP has a deeper 24k gold when settled, where as the Araguaia is a lighter gold more like 9k, the marking lines on the Araguaia I find are also thinner and more consistent then TP, TP marking lines are often broken in the middle of the fish, either way there both stunning fish to own, but TP is obviously far far harder to obtain (took me 2 years) and much more expensive
A very reputable importer said getting a 4-5” Araguaia or TP would be close to impossible—almost all imports are at least 8” and $$$.

Pretty accurate?

Thanks.

Jonnyakawombell

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2010
durham
A very reputable importer said getting a 4-5” Araguaia or TP would be close to impossible—almost all imports are at least 8” and $$$.

Pretty accurate?

Thanks.
Yes hank that’s correct, I’m from the England and that’s the case over here, I’ve never seen a TP or Araguaia under 7”- 8” for sale ever, not sure why to be honest, guess they must be impossible to collect at the smaller sizes, the 7”-8 Araguaia from pier aquatics are normally around the £200 pounds mark or roughly 260 dollars, the TP are more expensive the last 8” ones in the uk (spring 2019) were at wharf aquatics and priced at £350 pounds or roughly 460 dollars, wharf aquatics have some TP right now at 10”-11” priced at £600 pounds or roughly 800 dollars, TP are very expensive, and very rare over here, now That you mention it I don’t think I’ve seen a small Tocantins over here either no smaller then 7”, seen loads of small xingu, tapajos, and Jamanxims though

Hank N.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2019
Yes hank that’s correct, I’m from the England and that’s the case over here, I’ve never seen a TP or Araguaia under 7”- 8” for sale ever, not sure why to be honest, guess they must be impossible to collect at the smaller sizes, the 7”-8 Araguaia from pier aquatics are normally around the £200 pounds mark or roughly 260 dollars, the TP are more expensive the last 8” ones in the uk (spring 2019) were at wharf aquatics and priced at £350 pounds or roughly 460 dollars, wharf aquatics have some TP right now at 10”-11” priced at £600 pounds or roughly 800 dollars, TP are very expensive, and very rare over here, now That you mention it I don’t think I’ve seen a small Tocantins over here either no smaller then 7”, seen loads of small xingu, tapajos, and Jamanxims though
An importer over here has 3.5” Jamanxim for $75 and 3.5” Xingu for $50. 9” Araguaia for $300....no TP.

Thanks for the great insight on the L-27’s.

Jonnyakawombell

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2010
durham
An importer over here has 3.5” Jamanxim for $75 and 3.5” Xingu for $50. 9” Araguaia for $300....no TP.

Thanks for the great insight on the L-27’s.
No probs at all Hank glad I could help you, all them prices seem good in my opinion, but don’t forget the smaller panaques in my experience have a far higher mortality rate then say a specimen of around 7”- 9” so just bare that in mind before you decide which way your going to go, no surprise about the TP, there very very difficult to obtain (took me over 2 years) hence the very high price, I’m actually not sure how hard they are to get anywhere else, but in the uk it’s almost impossible.

lmt6600

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2010
Nunya
Yes thats definitely a TP. I got my araguaia feom jeff rapps and it was only about 5 inches at the time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store