large hole in gold saum head

Dalfrey86

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2020
Strange question, once a tank has been bleached how reliable is the sanitation factor? Are there any concerns there could be a living strain of the bacteria?

Apollyeon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2019
Strange question, once a tank has been bleached how reliable is the sanitation factor? Are there any concerns there could be a living strain of the bacteria?
im not even entirely sure wht the fish had tbh,no other fish sick or have been sick,was something that happened within 24 hours,im sure was bacterial and pretty certain none of it will survive a bleach cleansing that im doing.i hardly ever have health issues with any of my fish in my 12 years of keeping them.this was stuff that it had was pretty gruesome

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Shouldn’t be any concern as bleach should kill most of what it comes into contact. The bacteria is present in the aquarium normally. It’s not active normally and in small amounts. Once it’s active and growing on fish due to poor water conditions then it can become contagious. So the bleach will kill all this but once the tank is reestablished then it’ll be present in the water again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store