Damascus
The pix u posted:
1 flowerhorn
2 Barred Red Devil
3 polypterus ornatipinnis
4 some kind of goby (they r brakish )
5 Geophagus
6 JD

About JD's they have a distinct mouth at least to me and can always tell them by the shape of the mouth. Also don't forget u have blue, electric blue and regular JD's. the one in the store seems juvie and a little faded in colour cuz of stress but that will color up once settled in ur tank.
In a 55 g u can do any fish up to 8-10" range IMO. Also remember that maximum sizes are the maximum sizes these species attain, u can probably count on an inch or 2 less then that.
from the pix u posted u can get the JD or the Geo. If u like bichirs u can get the senegal bichir for a 55.

Leptoe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Baby dats would be cool! Trust me the hobby will suck you in!!!! Eventually you will want to upgrade to a bigger tank...by then your dats should be ready for a bigger home!!!

BCherdingthefish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2012
California, USA
Baby dats would be cool! Trust me the hobby will suck you in!!!! Eventually you will want to upgrade to a bigger tank...by then your dats should be ready for a bigger home!!!
Oh trust me, I want something bigger than a 55. I'm asking for it for my 17th birthday next month...My mom already thinks it's a super huge tank, and I don't think she'll let me get anything bigger...Even though I just about die of jealousy when I see all these pics of Oscars and Aro's...

BCherdingthefish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2012
California, USA
I don't know, I don't think anyone said what it is. I still want to know!

The Gold JD is nifty, but a bit too bland looking for me, from what Google Images showed. I like the really colorful fish :)

...I just spent about 5 minutes trying to figure out how to post on here with the iPhone app before realizing that I needed to log in.
My blonde moment of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

oscar fish lover2000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
australia
the bare minimum for oscars if a 55 gallon tank. Strange most 55 gallons are 4' long and 12''wide, mine is 41/2 foot long and 14'' wide anyone know what size it is? the store labled it as 55 gallon

BCherdingthefish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2012
California, USA
Well I said in my post it was some kind of a goby, but i don't know much about them. My guess would b Microgobius gulosus - Clown goby
Definitely not a clown goby. These guys were by fresh/brackish water fish.

the bare minimum for oscars if a 55 gallon tank. Strange most 55 gallons are 4' long and 12''wide, mine is 41/2 foot long and 14'' wide anyone know what size it is? the store labled it as 55 gallon
I've heard that bare minimum is 75...Plus I'd like to keep my RTBS and maybbeee Pictus Cat(still researching) and a single Oscar would fully stock a 55, wouldn't it?
You may want to take the measurements of your tank and see how big it actually is.
http://www.fishlore.com/ConversionCalculator.htm

Loves severums

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2009
Michigan
Definitely not a clown goby. These guys were by fresh/brackish water fish.

I've heard that bare minimum is 75...Plus I'd like to keep my RTBS and maybbeee Pictus Cat(still researching) and a single Oscar would fully stock a 55, wouldn't it?
You may want to take the measurements of your tank and see how big it actually is.
http://www.fishlore.com/ConversionCalculator.htm

yes 1 Oscar need a 75 gallon....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store