Largest Weeksii bichir??

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
Just going thru some of my old pics and seen my old P.weeksii. I miss this old girl now and regret ever selling her... (currently on the hunt for one now?!) :(

I really like the looks of weeksii when they are really big and thick! Does anybody have or own any lrg. Weeksii?? What's the largest you've seen? Would love to see any pics.

Also, Weeksii owners... is your weeksi active or not 'really' active? Mine was really skittish and not really active when i first got it. It took about 2 months before it got fully adapted i guess, but after that, he was quite active all the time? Care to share your experiences or stories on them?

Anyways, here's a couple shots of my old weeksii when i had my old Polypterus sp. tank awhile back... it was about 13" or so. Just loved the greenish hue color on this girl! :)

weeksii_lap.jpg

Lapradei-air-01.JPG

lapgrp-00.jpg

laptail-close-weeksii.jpg

lapradie.weeksii.jpg

XRAYZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Tucson, AZ
weeksii is one of my favorites :) i bought her when she was about 6", now she is a little over 11". she is still shy most of the time. i catch her out when i sneak up to the tank or after i drop food in there. havent seen to many other weeksii around. not that common around here.

i got lots of pics of her........ here u go :)

btw your weeksii looked great. shame on you for selling it :(

weeksii07pp.jpg

weeksii010pp.jpg

weeksii015pp.jpg

weeksii017pp.jpg

weeksii022pp.jpg

weeksii023pp.jpg

weeksii026pp.jpg

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
Very nice weeksii, XRAYZ! I really like the bold banding pattern on yours! :thumbsup: How long did it take you to grow from 6" to 11"? Diet? Tankmates? How about a phull tank shot?!! Thanks alot for sharing!

Here's a couple more pics. last pic u can see her poking head out of the plants... my lapradie catches her attention for some reason??!! :idea: :D

bichir.grp.shot-01.jpg

polys.payara.grp-01.jpg

lapradie.swell.weeksii.jpg

XRAYZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Tucson, AZ
well, i bought her about 10 months ago from a Pet Land. she was very skinny. they told me they had her for a whole year :( 6" in a year is torture. i had to rescue her.

anyways, i feed her the usuall bichir diet... cut up raw shrimp, smelt, beef heart, red worms, baby convicts, and sinking carnivore pellets. oh, one time she ate a 10" rope fish!!!! her tankmates are on my signature.

here is some pics when i first got her still in the bag. and i got a full tank shot as requested (135 gallon) :)

weeksii01pp.jpg

weeksii02pp.jpg

weeksii04pp.jpg

tankcontest01pp.jpg

CDM

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2005
Here's my 12~13" weeksii (5 yrs), it's the most active one among all my bichirs (including all small species).

wingbak48

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2006
cali
man you all have beautiful weeksis

XRAYZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Tucson, AZ
i guess nobody else has a weeksii and a camera on this site :(

CDM

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2005
XRAYZ;473254; said:
i guess nobody else has a weeksii and a camera on this site :(
LOL, maybe there are not as many weeksii keepers as we expected. Anyway, one more graceful shot to keep the thread moving on:

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
weeksiis are really rare in these parts. never seen a single one anywhere. their on my list lol.

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
Wow! Great pics of your weeksii, guys!
XRAYS, great job nurturing back that weeksii!! CDM, love that last 'graceful' pic... Beautiful! :)

Honestly, It's very surprising and hard to beleive that there aren't that many people that keep P. weeksii??... are they that 'rare' and hard to get in some parts and areas?? Definitely one of the more underated, yet beautiful and impressive mid-large size attaining species. I truly suggest getting for any polyfan that hasen't kept one yet... you will not be disappointed! :headbang2

weeksii.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store