LDA105 typhoon advice please

lmt6600

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2010
Nunya
That would be good collection if you get it. That is rare and good looking, I'd say rarest maybe for pseudas.. just like teles pires on the royal world. Good luck and make sure you take pic before you buy it so we can ID to make sure it is typhoon and not something else

lmt6600

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2010
Nunya
That would be good collection if you get it. That is rare and good looking, I'd say rarest maybe for pseudas.. just like teles pires on the royal world. Good luck and make sure you take pic before you buy it so we can ID to make sure it is typhoon and not something else

Jonnyakawombell

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2010
durham
Yeah I'm going to get him/her just arranging pickup with the seller now, managed to get it for £400 pounds as well, are teles pires royals really rare in the USA? There fairly obtainable over here in the UK pier aquatics and wharf aquatics has them quite often, silksworth aquatics has some right now as well, well they did last week when I was there, I'll put some pics on when I get the LDA105.

lmt6600

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2010
Nunya
Teles pires is probably as rare as LDA105 here in my opinion. Good luck, hope you get the lda105... if I were you I would rather get two 7 pointer scarlets... just personal preference

Jonnyakawombell

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2010
durham
Teles pires is probably as rare as LDA105 here in my opinion. Good luck, hope you get the lda105... if I were you I would rather get two 7 pointer scarlets... just personal preference
I already have 2 L25's both seven pointers, only small one's though 5"-6",I like them lots but prefer the typhoons plus there way way rarer, which for some unexplainable reason appeals to me, not sure why, are L25's rare in the USA? You can get them really easily over in the uk, there values have bombed in the last couple of years, dare I say they have become quite common, is that the case on your side of the pond?

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
the L25s are pretty rare in my area of the US my LFS brought one in special for their anniversary sale and I don't remember how many fins were red I want to say 3 maybe 5 and it was selling for $600 at 8". That is the only one I've seen in person

Jonnyakawombell

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2010
durham
the L25s are pretty rare in my area of the US my LFS brought one in special for their anniversary sale and I don't remember how many fins were red I want to say 3 maybe 5 and it was selling for $600 at 8". That is the only one I've seen in person
Wow that's nuts buddy I got my 2 last year for £250 pounds for them both, only 4"-5" when I got them, pier aquatics, wharf aquatics, silksworth, has them literally all the time, $600 dollers for an 8" L25 is quite frankly insane, pier aquatics sell huge L25's 14"+ for around the £300 pounds mark or around $400 dollers not sure if there seven pointers to be fair, like I said there just not rare at all in England if I had the money (which I don't at the mo lol) I could go out a buy another 5 today, maybe there are different import laws in the USA which makes them harder to get hold off?

Jonnyakawombell

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2010
durham
Sorry lmt6600 I retract my previous post I was getting mixed up with L27 varietys, 27d goldline thunder teles pires ( I think that's the correct name lol) are indeed rare and very expensive in England as well, although they are obtainable so more expensive then rare, pier aquatics quoted me £500 pounds or $670 dollers for a 9"-10" specimen today, so yeah very expensive, but they can get them as there on there list, the prob with LDA 105 is no one can get them, and when they can ive been told to be expecting To pay around £100 pounds per inch which is crazy, so for a 10" LDA 105 I'll be looking around £1000 pounds or $1350 dollers which is even to crazy for me lol, I'm so happy I've secured the 6" LDA 105 now as prices seem to be rising not falling from what I've learned this morning

lmt6600

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2010
Nunya
Wow that is very expensive. Sounds like you have good places there.

Jonnyakawombell

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2010
durham
Wow that is very expensive. Sounds like you have good places there.
Yeah we're very lucky in the uk I think, we have 3 or 4 top top class shops which all have there own fish collectors/contacts in Brazil, Columbia, etc... so they can get almost anything, when the season is right of coarse as a lot of the plecos are very seasonal they say.

Reactions: Mark_N
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store