Least favourite fish

deckard_wa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2006
Western Australia
Everyone always want to know what your favourite fish is. I'd be interested to know which fish(es) people have had that they did NOT like, and why. It may help when people are thinking about stocking their tank.

Mine would have to be Silver Dollars, mine were just so scared of everything, and stressed out whole tanks that they were tried in

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
Jack dempsey for sure. I loved my silver dollars. Everybody seems to have alot of problems with them though. JD was the biggest disapointment of a fish anybody could ever waste money on. They are very skidish and I just hate mine.

Chad

patricio

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
georgetown,california
i would have to say tiger barbs because there just isn't any monster in them and are totaly lame compared to my 10&1/2'' tiger oscar.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
Mollies,

I want them to be food factories for my fish, but those stupid Mollies can't put out!

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Hmmm...mine would be a Panda Telescope Eye Goldfish. It turned all white. :(

Primus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Arizona
Banded leporinus, thought that he would be OK in my community tank with barbs, apollo sharks, calceus and clown loaches. He has turned out to be the tank bully now that he is almost full grown. Even picks on a calceus that is a good bit bigger than he is. If anyone lives in the phoenix metro area and wants a 7-8" banded leporinus send me a PM ;) He will be going to the LFS soon otherwise.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
anything died/tattood or physically altered (cut tails)
(I know its not the fishes fault, but I dont like them)

I've got some other fish that I've had bad experiences with, but they were impulse buys and not the fishes fault.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store