Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2010
Southern California
Hmmm true the hard part is putting in a kit that will include all
The equipment together then try Finding a universal hood , but
On mfk most tank are atleast 5ft and 6ft tanks maybe there is a local
Shop that can make some sore of a aluminum hood to hold the heat sink
And the bulbs together moat sites that ive checked sells the heat sink the LEDs wiring
But your right not the hanging kit and not with the hood

matthewbrian316

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2010
Southern California
It's not a new concept. Already sites out there selling retrofit kits, just plop them into your fixture. Gonna be a challenging business.

http://www.rapidled.com/servlet/the-DIY-Retrofit-Kits/s/10/Categories

And these guys too provide everything you need, at low costs

http://ledsupply.com/

True it is but I think I have a shot its a large market maybe I can
Offer something different I just bought a didferent domain maybe
Combining supplies with LED then maybe even some livestocks but
I wonder what the Laws are in sending livestocks

Kingst3r

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2011
NJ
I think if you make it mainly an LED site, but gear it towards aquarium owners, it could work. If you look at those websites there are just LEDs and kinda confusing. You could also sell misc. supplies. On side have a bar with all your products and to make it easy to find your LEDs, list them via hood length. EX. LED kit for 38" hood / LED kit for 56" hood.

Put up a youtube page with tutorials and instructions so it is very easy for people to install. You might do pretty well.

D33N

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Nottingham, England
There is plenty of scope for more led sites aimed at aquarium owners.

Idea is a good one and no doubt business will come (will have some my self if you're shipping to the uk) only problem I can see is the vast amount of money you would need to order the diodes. Places like aquariumlights etc order them by the millions, to rival their prices you would have to wack in a massive order.

If you can get the stock to your door cheap enough thats 90% of the battle won :)

dzjr1188

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2011
allentown, pa
Are you talking led's for just lighting tanks or full reef and plant capable as well?

matthewbrian316

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2010
Southern California
I think if you make it mainly an LED site, but gear it towards aquarium owners, it could work. If you look at those websites there are just LEDs and kinda confusing. You could also sell misc. supplies. On side have a bar with all your products and to make it easy to find your LEDs, list them via hood length. EX. LED kit for 38" hood / LED kit for 56" hood.

Put up a youtube page with tutorials and instructions so it is very easy for people to install. You might do pretty well.
That Sounds like a good Idea I feel the same way some of the sites were a bit too complicated. Youtube is something that I really need to
look into on how to assemble one or as another suggestion make it to an idiot proof assembly.

matthewbrian316

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2010
Southern California
There is plenty of scope for more led sites aimed at aquarium owners.

Idea is a good one and no doubt business will come (will have some my self if you're shipping to the uk) only problem I can see is the vast amount of money you would need to order the diodes. Places like aquariumlights etc order them by the millions, to rival their prices you would have to wack in a massive order.

If you can get the stock to your door cheap enough thats 90% of the battle won :)

that is true there is no way that I can compete in purchase orders for now, but I might be able to order with companies that are willing to work with you
maybe my prices wont be as competitive maybe I can offer something a little bit of value such as warranty and customer service thats the only thing I can do
for now atleast.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store