Leopard Ctenopoma

sauroid

Candiru
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
somewhere in asia
Sarcosuchus;730137; said:
Since I have placed the Almond Leaf, the water really tanned and appeared to be thick. To prevent from any harm, I did about 80% water changing. I thought they would flee freaking out when I do the water changes but amazingly they were just calm, some even came close to me watching what I was doing lol, it was really funny to see that. Others were just naturally hiding. They were just calm and nice.:headbang2
80% is too much. maybe the weaker one suffered from shock. 40% (at the most) of conditioned water is enough.

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
sauroid;731591; said:
80% is too much. maybe the weaker one suffered from shock. 40% (at the most) of conditioned water is enough.
I previously kept 2 Rainbow Crabs and 2 Red Swamp Crayfishes in this tank. The water was getting so very smelly that I could not handle the almost everyday water changing due to the carcass like odour and sent them back to the LFS.

The smell had merged with the gravels, thus I had to wash repeatedly even with hot shower. Could the invertebrates' pollution be the cause of this happening to my Leopards? The one that was playing alone and later panting is fine as it has been. But out of nowhere one of the fine ones started being at the surface breathing all the time before it lost its balance struggling for air.

I quickly took it out and placed it in my guppy bowl. So far it has been weak but survived the night. I am not sure if it will make it, hope it will. The rest are fine though..

Hmm...:(

Razman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
NoVa
sorry for your loss, are your others still happy though?

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
Thank you, the panting one was dead at the bottom when I woke up. Down to 4 now...I guess I will leave it to these 4 than adding. What sucks more is that every single one of them although spotted, had different shapes, sizes and distances between their spots..and had their own personality. I have lost two really beautiful ones.

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
I just did 100% water change since it was getting bad. And as I did it, my oh my the bad odour of the invertebrates was still present in the gravels, it was thick enough. Just shocked me when I had washed it over and over, no wonder two of my Leos died:(

Only the strong ones have remained, and they are healthy and active. I will leave the 4 and not adding any since they can grow big enough. Washed the gravels repeatedly again, it seems good. I am relieved I had sent the crabs and crayfishes back to the LFS than going through hell everytime I do water changing...

I feel sorry for my Leopards..

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
dude stop removing all your water, and remove the DISGUSTING GRAVEL.. i really dont find anythign good about gravel whatsoever.. as soon as u slack cleaning and water changes the gravel goes AWOL and smells and looks like crap... Id suggest removing ti all and just go bare bottom for now... and DISPOSE OF ALL OF IT.. dont even try and clean it...2 cents

But keep this water thats in the tank for now, u need the bacteria. just water the week after the gravel is removed...between 25-50%.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store