~~~LET'S SEE THOSE EARTHEATERS~~~

japes

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
titansfever83;1660591; said:
Very nice Japes!! Can't wait until they get bigger, they get nice long trailers like the Altifrons 'Rio tapajos'. How are your heckelii getting along with the others?
Heckelii are very robust fish and seem quite aggressive, Altifrons gets chased here and there but it's nothing to worry about. Only issue in my display is my larger Severum is a glass banger and constantly picks on my other Severum but ignores my three Geos.

Hard to get good photos of Geophagus though in all seriousness, they're a fish that I have seen people avoid because a lot of photos make them out to be plain, and the juveniles also lack colour or flavour at that size, especially because they're in stores. Beautiful fish under the right lights, even my photos don't do them justice :)

Full tank shots for fun.

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
Love the setup Japes, looks very natural! I change mine about every 2 months, never could do the aquascaping and be happy with it

I've got to get some dithers or something with my redhead and uaru tank. Uarus chase the redheads and then the two large redheads chase the smaller one.

inhabitants are 2 Uaru A., 3 redheads, two debauwi cats, and one albino senegal. I hate danios and can't really think of another good dither that would look good and not get eaten by the senegal??? BTW the debauwis are being moved, there was three:grinno::grinno: senegal wanted dessert I guess

japes

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
I'd consider moving the Birchir to a different tank if possible and going with any of the higher bodied Tetra, Serpae or Diamond Tetra would be my picks :)

I'm considering adding some Corydoras to my tank pending whats available at the next auction I attend.

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
japes;1661124; said:
I'd consider moving the Birchir to a different tank if possible and going with any of the higher bodied Tetra, Serpae or Diamond Tetra would be my picks :)

I'm considering adding some Corydoras to my tank pending whats available at the next auction I attend.
I've got several 'Yoyo Botia' Loaches with my Geos. I love them, they get about 3-4", look really good on light colored sand, and they are great at eating the left over food.

I'm gonna move the senegal soon, he is only 4" now. I really like the Congo Tetras but I'm really not sure about their behavior. I assume they do school when in groups? Problem is, around here the LFS charge like $15 a fish:screwy:. I'm making a wish list soon and I'll see if the vendors here can work their magic and get me some to go along with my order. I need dithers in two different tanks so $15 a pop will be too expensive.

ciciwan;1661687; said:
8"brasiliensis
12"brasiliensis
Very nice ciciwan! Looks like they could do some major damage!!!

scubasteve06

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2008
SC
youtube.com
japes;1622593; said:
I've only got juveniles.

Acarichthys heckelii

Geophagus steindachneri

Saw some Geophagus sp. Rio Pindare for sale today, a species I'd been after for months, and I now have no room. Raging I tell you.

Terrible shot of my Steiney too, had only been in for an hour and my tanks dirty because of meds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHdpOT931i8

Video from same period.

You could get away with one more japes.

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
Wow Awesome brasiliens. youve got there ciciwan

MDH

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
Canada, eh.
Modest_Man;1630389; said:
Can do. It's really only two years, as I shipped them out in very late December 05. The male is 12", female is only 6" or so.

I grew them from 2" to 8" (5" for her) but was made an offer I couldn't refuse and shipped them out to NJ. Be nice to get them back.
Have you picked them up yet? Any recent pics?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store