Let's see your "fish room"!

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
Where about in galloway are you stempy? I am on the west side of columbus and go thru there to hit sams club most weekends. Also are you going to the C.A.F.E auction in march? Been finding more and more people who keep fish around me lately. lol

Posting a Video of my fish space would be moot its a corner of my half finished basement bedroom With my 125g and my 75g. Will try and snag a pic or two this weekend tho.

stempy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Galloway, OH
Where about in galloway are you stempy? I am on the west side of columbus and go thru there to hit sams club most weekends. Also are you going to the C.A.F.E auction in march? Been finding more and more people who keep fish around me lately. lol

Posting a Video of my fish space would be moot its a corner of my half finished basement bedroom With my 125g and my 75g. Will try and snag a pic or two this weekend tho.
Right off Galloway and broad, small world eh?!

The Mother Confessor

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2017
UK
Ive had two big fish rooms before in my garage, one with thirty tanks and the other with nine. We used to breed rare and oddball American cichlids. Was good fun, but these days I'm happy with just the one, although I'm considering keeping my current tank when I get my 8ft. This is where the garage starts to turn into a fish room again lol.

I'm jealous of all of you in the US. There isn't really a fish 'scene' round here. The nearest club is a few hours drive away, even the lfs' have dwindled over the years.

vincentwugwg vincentwugwg +1. I also recommend sealing and heating the garage. We had a fan heater, a fake ceiling with loft insulation, double glazing, external wall paint to seal the bricks, a double layer of thick underlay and a cheap carpet, and we didn't even need heaters in the tanks. Was boiling in there, even in the winter.

Anyway lol. Pics of my fish haven!

20170210_144714-01-01-01.jpeg

My TV is just to the right, so we can watch both all evening! I took it with my crappy smartphone camera, so apologies for the terrible quality. When the TV gets boring, you know where I'm looking!

My tank is still a work in progress. I only bought the mangrove wood recently and it's still a bit buoyant so I can only have it that way until it soaks enough. I spotted it in a local fish shop, fell in love and decided to completely redo the tank. I plan to get some more plants and spread the jungle out a bit. When the wood is flipped over it makes some lovely root caverns and lots of caves. Unfortunately my back light unit just blew and my new ballast isn't here yet so it's a bit dark at the back. Anyway, I'm rambling lol!

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Nice fish rooms everyone! Mine is more of a family room with my 2 tank. Nothing fancy. I used to have tanks all over my living room plus jars of bettas when I first got married and that's before the kids came around. I'm happy with my one big tank but always looking for an upgrade.

stempy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Galloway, OH
The Mother Confessor The Mother Confessor beautiful tank and room from what I can see :)

fishnatics fishnatics that's a fantastic basement, Love those HT speakers! Oh the tanks as well ;)

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
Ive had two big fish rooms before in my garage, one with thirty tanks and the other with nine. We used to breed rare and oddball American cichlids. Was good fun, but these days I'm happy with just the one, although I'm considering keeping my current tank when I get my 8ft. This is where the garage starts to turn into a fish room again lol.

I'm jealous of all of you in the US. There isn't really a fish 'scene' round here. The nearest club is a few hours drive away, even the lfs' have dwindled over the years.

vincentwugwg vincentwugwg +1. I also recommend sealing and heating the garage. We had a fan heater, a fake ceiling with loft insulation, double glazing, external wall paint to seal the bricks, a double layer of thick underlay and a cheap carpet, and we didn't even need heaters in the tanks. Was boiling in there, even in the winter.

Anyway lol. Pics of my fish haven!

View attachment 1231633

My TV is just to the right, so we can watch both all evening! I took it with my crappy smartphone camera, so apologies for the terrible quality. When the TV gets boring, you know where I'm looking!

My tank is still a work in progress. I only bought the mangrove wood recently and it's still a bit buoyant so I can only have it that way until it soaks enough. I spotted it in a local fish shop, fell in love and decided to completely redo the tank. I plan to get some more plants and spread the jungle out a bit. When the wood is flipped over it makes some lovely root caverns and lots of caves. Unfortunately my back light unit just blew and my new ballast isn't here yet so it's a bit dark at the back. Anyway, I'm rambling lol!
Well this just gave me some inspriatiin for my future scape!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store