Lids for the 210

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
I'm looking for budgetary lids in the past I use polycarbonite plastic and then I just cut it up accordingly.

Don't get me wrong I would love glass but looking online it's way too expensive.

The only plans I'll have in here are anubias otherwise I don't need any special lighting.

I came across this product Will this work as well?

The polycarbonite that I kept coming across was corrugated so I didn't really like that look but if that's the best option I'll go with that again.

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
The corrugated is your best option. If you can find a free acrylic tank that is not structurally sound you could cut it up for lids. Leaky glass tanks?

Reactions: Irecruitfish

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Irecruitfish Irecruitfish , I think the product you linked to would be too thin for lids.

What about 4mm thick twinwall polycarbonate sheet? Normally used for greenhouse roofs.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
I used the stuff you linked and it sags, especially if you lay a light across the top. The corrugated stuff holds up much better due to its design

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
Irecruitfish Irecruitfish , I think the product you linked to would be too thin for lids.

What about 4mm thick twinwall polycarbonate sheet? Normally used for greenhouse roofs.
Do you happen to have a link to the exact product you were talking about?

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Do you happen to have a link to the exact product you were talking about?
I bought mine over 10 years ago from Greenhouse Megastore online when they were still offering the 4mm sheets in a 2 foot wide x 4 foot long 4-pack, unfortunately they don't offer that option anymore.

And WOW the price has really gone up for these products! The link to the options are Easy ship twinwall polycarbonate but they are out of stock on some thicknesses.

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
I bought mine over 10 years ago from Greenhouse Megastore online when they were still offering the 4mm sheets in a 2 foot wide x 4 foot long 4-pack, unfortunately they don't offer that option anymore.

And WOW the price has really gone up for these products! The link to the options are Easy ship twinwall polycarbonate but they are out of stock on some thicknesses.
Nice this price is not too bad from what I'm seeing out there. I'm actually headed to home Depot now to see what they might have in stock.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store