Lil Monster- Son of Oliver and Jade.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
He's gorgeous! Looks like his daddy. :D

May I ask a question about the colouring of his caudal fin?
It might just be the picture angle, but it looks like its gold around the edges and fades to silver in the middle? Does it actually look like that or is the camera playing tricks on me? :)

Reactions: Matteus and MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
He's gorgeous! Looks like his daddy. :D

May I ask a question about the colouring of his caudal fin?
It might just be the picture angle, but it looks like its gold around the edges and fades to silver in the middle? Does it actually look like that or is the camera playing tricks on me? :)
Thank you:)
That’s exactly how it looks in person. I *think* what is happening is it was silver but as he’s grown it’s getting more and more gold/orange. Oddly enough at this size his dads was bright yellow. So really his seams are slowly getting more orange earlier then his dads did. Kinda interesting. Just one of the many reasons I’ve chosen to keep him longer.

Reactions: Matteus

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Thank you:)
That’s exactly how it looks in person. I *think* what is happening is it was silver but as he’s grown it’s getting more and more gold/orange. Oddly enough at this size his dads was bright yellow. So really his seams are slowly getting more orange earlier then his dads did. Kinda interesting. Just one of the many reasons I’ve chosen to keep him longer.
It does look very cool. If it stays that way you may just have to set up another tank... Or find a way to ship him to Tasmania for me.. If only that were possible :( I bet him and River would make the cutest "couple" if she didn't kill him or vice versa lol

• Haha
Reactions: Matteus and MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
It does look very cool. If it stays that way you may just have to set up another tank... Or find a way to ship him to Tasmania for me.. If only that were possible :( I bet him and River would make the cutest "couple" if she didn't kill him or vice versa lol
I’d love for this guy to go to a member here when the time comes. Getting to see updates on my babies makes me so happy:) It’s a shame you are so far. I’m sure once he beefs up he’d love a cutie like River to call his mate.
Like you said though, it is a crap shoot if they’ll even except mates -_-
He is currently recovering from a couple lost scales from Little girl beating on him.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I’d love for this guy to go to a member here when the time comes. Getting to see updates on my babies makes me so happy:) It’s a shame you are so far. I’m sure once he beefs up he’d love a cutie like River to call his mate.
Like you said though, it is a crap shoot if they’ll even except mates -_-
He is currently recovering from a couple lost scales from Little girl beating on him.
Hopefully he recovers well. :)

I really need to get on to Jeff to take me some pictures of River to share. Every time I visit her light is off because of course it is, that's just my luck lol

Reactions: MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hopefully he recovers well. :)

I really need to get on to Jeff to take me some pictures of River to share. Every time I visit her light is off because of course it is, that's just my luck lol
It has been a while. I’d love to see how she’s doing:) Hope you’re able to get some pictures!

Reactions: Kittiee Katt

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Lil monster is doing well and a solid 4” now.

I decided to try adding a female back in with him. I know it’s a risk, he’s killed 3 others including little girl that he originally spawned with.
I pulled the biggest female from my fry tank and added her in yesterday. She sparked his interest right away. He did a good bit of dancing for her. My reason for adding her isn’t for them to spawn, but to give him a reason to be dominant. I feel it will help his development. I’d love for him to get a humpy head like daddy:)

Anyway, here she is. 1365450
Her blues glow in the sunlight.
And the two of them together

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Lil monster is doing well and a solid 4” now.
View attachment 1365445View attachment 1365446

I decided to try adding a female back in with him. I know it’s a risk, he’s killed 3 others including little girl that he originally spawned with.
I pulled the biggest female from my fry tank and added her in yesterday. She sparked his interest right away. He did a good bit of dancing for her. My reason for adding her isn’t for them to spawn, but to give him a reason to be dominant. I feel it will help his development. I’d love for him to get a humpy head like daddy:)

Anyway, here she is. View attachment 1365450
Her blues glow in the sunlight.
And the two of them together
View attachment 1365447View attachment 1365448
I was slightly intoxicated last night when I seen this so I didn't respond in case my drunken eyes deceived me.. But now that I'm not under the influence I can confidently say that he looks great!

Does his lady friend have name? She's also very pretty, her blues remind me of River's colour when she was young. Unfortunately River became more green as she aged, would be cool if that little lady stayed more blue though. :D

• Haha
Reactions: MrsE88 and Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Wow. Lil monster is a stunner. I can see why you have him as your avatar. Look forward to seeing updates as he grows.

Sorry to hear about how he’s such a lady killer. It sucks when the proven mate dies. It’s never the same afterward.

Reactions: MrsE88
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store