Loach Tank Pictures

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
Curious to see what everyone's current loach tanks look like.

I'm currently cycling the 75g shown below that will house 9 clown loaches (CL only tank) that are currently waiting in quarantine.

Once they outgrow the 75g I'll be moving them over to my 125g and eventually a 7' or 8' x 24" tank I'm planning. I'll probably start a tank journal to document their growth and tank upgrades along the way.

Below is the current 125g that I may tear down to house the loaches down the line if I don't just end up picking up something bigger for them before then.

Look forward to the seeing all the loach tanks, you don't see many tanks dedicated to just loaches on MFK.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Nice tanks! I am assuming you're referring to clown loaches? I just have kuhlis in an 8gal on my desk :p

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Both great looking tanks! I wouldn't wait for the clowns to "outgrow" the 75g though, at least in the conventional sense. Ideally you'd move them into something longer by the time they're around 4".

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
Update: It's been about a month now since I added the clown loaches to the 75g. I can't notice if they have added any length, but they have definitely added a bit of girth since they came from the fish store. They've been mainly on a diet of NLS Thera A with NLS Algae Max pellets being fed occasionally through out the week. The pellets are 1mm and they are being fed 1-2x a day.

Clown Loach Tank: 75g One Month

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store