Loach Tank Pictures

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Link didn't work, but I went to the website and the fish that I believe you were referencing, simply appears to be a very young loach that has yet to fully develop.

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
simply appears to be a very young loach that has yet to fully develop.
Thanks for input, I honestly prefer the more natural looking "torpedo" snout.

I'm hoping these end up with the longer snout, but if not, it'll just make it easier to tell them apart. Win win.

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
Just a reminder to always quarantine.

I've had the new loaches in the QT tank (20g/L) since I purchased them and noticed two of them have ich this afternoon. They have been acting normal and eating like crazy (still are), so this came very unexpectedly.

I've raised their temp from 81 to 84 and treated them with Ich-X.

We'll see how they fare.

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
Below are a few pictures of my planted 75g. The tank currently has 30ish rummynose, 3 ballon/teacup platies, 2 bolivian rams, 2 sterbai cories, 2 unknown cories, 2 siamese algae eaters, 1 obese oto, 6 khuli loaches, and 6 zebra loaches.

I'd like to eventually bump up the zebra loach pack and cut down on the other inhabitants.

IMG_4150.JPG

IMG_4146.JPG

IMG_4145.JPG
IMG_4149.JPG

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
125G Clown Loach Tank

Took a recent video of the clown loach tank. It currently contains 12 clown loaches and 7 denison barbs.

I've been toying with the idea of planting it like my 75g, but from what I've read it looks like the clowns will make chopped salad out of it.
That's a nice set up, a bit of greenery in there would just finish it off. I have 12 clown loach in a 180g com tank and it's got a fair few plants in there. My clowns have never touched them! I've never heard of clown loach being plant destroyers.

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
That's good to hear, I've read that they punch holes in them constantly.

I was thinking of ordering a bunch of different anubias to place among the driftwood, because I agree a little bit of greenery would go a long way.

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

andyroo

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
They're like a puppy - if they're board or hungry (or just in a mood) you'd not believe what they can get into and/or wreck. Stories on the old LOL included pulling out silicone (leaks), removing/adjusting filter intakes, various other forms of "seascaping", angel fin-nipping & and, yes, wrecking plants. I try to keep a bit flow and habitats including "enrichment" where possible, usually in the form of MTS/infauna to dig for.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store