local pet store exotics...crazy

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
Monkeys make horrible pets (as well marmosets for the reasons to follow;)). If you ask me they are worse than hyenas or wolfes. Why? Besides the obvious inpredictable behavior, agressive disposision, huge canines and a increadle strength, there are more to this. Monkeys have to be the most hazardous animals regarding zoonoses. Hepatites, deadly strains of herpes virus, tuberculosis and many others miscelaneos virus and bacteria transmitable to humans are in the "menu". Nothing but bad stuff. Wolfes and hyenas can carry stuff too, but like dogs, ferrets and cats they can be vacinated against it and your safe regarding that. There isnt simply vacine against some of the things they carry. And that putting apart the need to satisfy the emocional needs of this very inteligent creatures. A huje outdoor space is a must as well as several animals to make a social group. If I wanted something really exotic I think I would get a gila monster:D:headbang2I would be safe from any zoonoses, and even if this is a venomous lizard, its practily harmeless compared with venomous snakes and many oter more exotic pets. Be warned that some exotic roedonts can also carry pretty nasty stuff:nilly:

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
what's the name of this place?

rmorse

Gr8 Stalker
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
Great Mills, Maryland
fcamargo6thave;2412056; said:
Do they sell Donkeys? I want one of those

Dude, a donkey? C'mon, those are easy to find...

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
rmorse;2412064; said:
Dude, a donkey? C'mon, those are easy to find...

theres a house about a few blocks from me that has like 6 donkeys....why i dont know.:screwy:

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
dzb912;2410841; said:
for some reason i dont realy elve they sell all tese crazy animals in a store
to good to be true
trust me when i go to that store it amazes me they sell these things but they really do! why on earth they do i dont know. I doubt they had enough people going in there "hey man u guys sell zebras?" oh no sorry "aww that sucks ok bye" dang we need to really get some zebras in.
i doubt it happens like that:ROFL:

fcamargo6thave

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2008
Jersey City NJ
woofy;2412075; said:
theres a house about a few blocks from me that has like 6 donkeys....why i dont know.:screwy:

LOL i live in the jersey city and frankly this is all i know so seeing a donkey in someones backyard would be crazy. My neigbor however he does own a small monkey.. I will try to get some pics..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store