headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
islandguy11 islandguy11
Well my guy shared a video of this beast, as I have been pestering him for a bluebase xb.

What do you think

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
islandguy11 islandguy11
Well my guy shared a video of this beast, as I have been pestering him for a bluebase xb.

What do you think
He doesn’t look too healthy I’ve rarely seen aros sit at the bottom

Reactions: Matteus

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
He doesn’t look too healthy I’ve rarely seen aros sit at the bottom
The fish is in good health, it has just arrived from a long air travel.

My mistake should've mentioned that earlier itself.

It's from one of the old Malaysian farms.

Reactions: Matteus

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Yeah I was wondering why it was just sitting there too, and was going to ask if it was just transferred to that tank, makes sense now. In any case you'll definitely want to see a video of it swimming to make sure its gait is proper before considering to buy.

Insofar as quality of this BB, I'm very reluctant to dish on a fish, esp. as overall available quality locally will be different there, unless you hand pick and order one from overseas. It's also often hard to tell about coloration with Aros as it depends so much on lighting -- even more so with BB's, where the blues/purples/greens actually show better in more subdued lighting.

That said, from that short video, I'll be honest in saying most would probably classify that particular BB as about medium quality -- so if the price is also around medium level, it'd be seriously worth considering. Pearling (near tail fin) could be better pros would say, but it has some nice colors when in closer and lighting was better, but whether it completely crosses over (6th level; now mostly at a respectable 5th level) is kinda 50/50. Would certainly have a higher chance to do so in that big, sunlit pond you have, it has potential to be a very beautiful fish with your good care.

In summary it would be nice if you had other local choices to compare with, but if hard to get there, price was right (and looks healthy/robust after settling in) I'd say go for it.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Yeah I was wondering why it was just sitting there too, and was going to ask if it was just transferred to that tank, makes sense now. In any case you'll definitely want to see a video of it swimming to make sure its gait is proper before considering to buy.
will try and get a video after settles down.

Insofar as quality of this BB, I'm very reluctant to dish on a fish, esp. as overall available quality locally will be different there, unless you hand pick and order one from overseas. It's also often hard to tell about coloration with Aros as it depends so much on lighting -- even more so with BB's, where the blues/purples/greens actually show better in more subdued lighting.
Noted.

That said, from that short video, I'll be honest in saying most would probably classify that particular BB as about medium quality -- so if the price is also around medium level, it'd be seriously worth considering. Pearling (near tail fin) could be better pros would say, but it has some nice colors when in closer and lighting was better, but whether it completely crosses over (6th level; now mostly at a respectable 5th level) is kinda 50/50. Would certainly have a higher chance to do so in that big, sunlit pond you have, it has potential to be a very beautiful fish with your good care.
thanks
The person selling this says it's a good specimen, but I am not that knowledgeable when it comes to arowana grades and quality. Hence wanted check what it could be worth, the asking price is nearly 500usd.

In summary it would be nice if you had other local choices to compare with, but if hard to get there, price was right (and looks healthy/robust after settling in) I'd say go for it.
Nowadays there are many arowanas coming into India, but don't know these other sellers that we'll, and there's one fella here who has a great selection, but sells without certificate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store