Logging the pond and it's inhabitants

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Ok since the pond is still looking empty, I have booked a few more fish.

Will be adding them to the pond this weekend.

A xback and a high back gold.

Will share an update after the release this weekend

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
This is turning into the biggest Arowana abode on MFK I'd bet, what's the count now? -- we need something like a scoreboard next to the pond :)

Just out of curiosity I'm wondering what's the pond's usual day time temperature if you've ever checked? I'd also bet nitrate levels are super low.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Damn jibran. Your pond is amazingly insane. Im looking into buying an asian aro in the near future but its a big hassle to do it here in sweden.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Damn jibran. Your pond is amazingly insane. Im looking into buying an asian aro in the near future but its a big hassle to do it here in sweden.
Interesting, what does the process in Sweden entail in order to own an Asian Aro? Do you have to get a special permit or similar?

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Interesting, what does the process in Sweden entail in order to own an Asian Aro? Do you have to get a special permit or similar?
No but here is nobody thats importing asians. As long as it is legit with cites and certificate you only have to register it at something called jordbruksverket wich is an authority that keeping a register of all animals with an id chip. There is a store in denmark and one in norway that usually have asians in stock. If they dont have they import once or twice a year. But the prices are insanly high through them. But i did see that mark from duketown stingrays was importing asians for fairly prices. So im considering buying one from him and have it shipped overnight buy ups for me. An malaysian bukit merah bluebase crossback with shipping is roughly 700 euros through duketown. An indonesian banjar red is 455 euro through duketown with shipping. In norway and denmark an banjar is 700euros

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
This is turning into the biggest Arowana abode on MFK I'd bet, what's the count now? -- we need something like a scoreboard next to the pond :)

Just out of curiosity I'm wondering what's the pond's usual day time temperature if you've ever checked? I'd also bet nitrate levels are super low.
Now in the pond we got
2 highback gold
1 crossback
8 silver arowana

In grow out tanks
1 24k crossback
1 Indo super red
3 albino silver arowana

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Thank you
They are definitely a great species to keep.

Reactions: Iamfish

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Thank you
They are definitely a great species to keep.
Yeah i have some friends who has asians. They look so peacfull and gracious when they swim. Thats why im looking into it to laybe get rid of my cichlas and have an asian with my rays instead.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store