Look at what i got

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Really excited i have two of these bearded beauties in qt right now. I am hoping for a male/female but may just be two males. Big shout out to RedDevilRyan RedDevilRyan of global fish co for bring them in for me. It was really hard leaving the third one he has behind!
CF565F27-0956-49A9-B592-898D5C15D5AA.jpeg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thank you this is the hairier of the two. My puffer collection is getting there. Think only two more tanks to go
Charn when are you going to shoot a video of that awesome fish room you have?

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Nice!!! So you going to rey breeding them i take it?

Reactions: tlindsey

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Charn when are you going to shoot a video of that awesome fish room you have?
I have come close a couple of times. I will probably do it eventually. A lot of times when I put up videos and pictures of requested stuff it seems like there is little to no interest in it. we shall see

Nice!!! So you going to rey breeding them i take it?
In general I try not to breed anything or keep pairs in my fish room but this may be a fun exception

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
In general I try not to breed anything or keep pairs in my fish room but this may be a fun exception
If you succeed, i definitely want to see pics of the fry to see if and when they start getting hairy...

So good luck with that and hopefully you do have a pair...

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
If you succeed, i definitely want to see pics of the fry to see if and when they start getting hairy...

So good luck with that and hopefully you do have a pair...
definitely will do. right now they are in 50 breeder qt with an egg crate divider. they show absolutely no interest in each other, so not trying to kill each other .
I have my two abeis in a 125 divided with clear acrylic. every morning I find them staring at each other. Wish I knew if it was friendly or not

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I guess thats the problem, you never know for sure what the stares mean or how they may react when covers go down...

Also, i remember my when i still had my pair of palembangs, the female would always have bite marks on her after mating... not sure if it was part of the mating ritual or what (since never caught them in action), but just thought i’d share...

Reactions: Charney
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store