Looking for a small Gold (Siamese) Datnoid (Tigerfish)!

L.Z.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2016
I've been wanting a nice looking Datnoid for a while and it would be a great addition to my predator tank!

Has To Be SMALL!! Due to having four (4) small Green Terrors and a small Vampire Pleco

I need help finding one locally in Southern California, in Los Angeles County or Orange County!

Any ideas or places in mind would be a big help to me!

I appreciate from any ones help! Thank you! :)

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
It's not hard to find fish in west coast. Just need to look and have the cash in handy. Good luck

Reactions: EcastL

L.Z.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2016
Yes, i know that. i've found many of them around, there just ugly. i need and want the perfect one.

L.Z.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2016
Nice bright gold color, solid black bands none of them broken
All the places I've been too have either Tigers, Silvers, and the gold ones I've seen didn't have a nice color nor any solid bands. My friends at the stores will be calling me once they get fresh batches.

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
Nice bright gold color, solid black bands none of them broken
All the places I've been too have either Tigers, Silvers, and the gold ones I've seen didn't have a nice color nor any solid bands. My friends at the stores will be calling me once they get fresh batches.
I was in your shoe 15years a go when i started the hobby, today I look opposite. I want odd balls, weird looking pattern, slit bar or even less bars.

One thing all of us have learned, fish come and go like money. Buy fish, keep it and see if you like it or not. If you dont get rid of it and buy new one.

If you are being picky and want perfect, will take you a very long time to get what you're looking for.

L.Z.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2016
I was in your shoe 15years a go when i started the hobby, today I look opposite. I want odd balls, weird looking pattern, slit bar or even less bars.

One thing all of us have learned, fish come and go like money. Buy fish, keep it and see if you like it or not. If you dont get rid of it and buy new one.

If you are being picky and want perfect, will take you a very long time to get what you're looking for.
You make a great point, and that is true, but when it comes to fish. I'm very picky, especially for my tank that goes on Display. I want the best fish possible. For a Datnoid I can wait. And besides. I still have 4 small green Terrors. The longer I wait, the better so they can grow. Hopefully be bigger by the time I find the right Datnoid!
I really do appreciate everyone's input. Everything helps!

L.Z.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2016
If any one knows of any local LA or OC stores, would you please list them for me. So I can take a drive and check them out.!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store