LOOKY what i found

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
dragonfish;858323; said:
We just got them in, along with mono sebaes.
hmm seems all petsmarts are getting new fish i've seen those two but arn't thay a brackish fish my petsmart had them in fresh water and thay all had ick
but on another note i talked to this lady and she said she could order ornate bichirs and many new species of catfish
it would seem thay are getting more and more monsters i just hope thay give the right info to people

X24

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2007
Nebraska
hmmm, maybe i ought to check petsmart out again....even though ive been goin to lfs's only most of the time.

courtneem

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2007
South Dakota
www.structed.net
I noticed at Petsmart on Saturday they had some too. I currently own two of these and they are my babies. I recently lost most of my fish but these guys never got sick and are healthy as can be, just not happy they are in a 10gl right now :( miss their 55gl pad.

I paid $5 for each of mine at about 2 1/2" and 6mo later they are pushing 5-6" and cute as ever! I dunno if I would pay $20 for a 5-6" one. They grow to that in just a few short months, not like they are a slow grower!

Mine rarely come out in the light, and only prowl the tank at night. They are pretty peaceful compared to a spotted pictus. At least my two are mellow and get along with everyone in the tank. Even tolerate the pleco being a tard and coming into their space and touching them etc.

When I turn the light on they race back to their hiding spot and in the process may knock other fish close to bottom around. LOL They are dazed at what just happened.

I have heard of these fish making growling noises and never heard it until Friday when I moved them out of the 55gl. For 6mo they hadnt been touched and they were not happy being caught. The pan I had them in to get them to the 10gl in (avoided netting them) they vibrated it and it was so loud. LOL I can still hear it at times in the 10gl cause they are not happy.

ElJefe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2007
Texas
Wow It seems like every one is getting the same fish!! I got one last Week:headbang2 none the less at petsmart!!! $7.99 it was about 4" super hyperactive when he smells food.
beautiful fish, "hides" most of the time. try some moonlight leds they work great and you can see how they really act when they think you can't see them.

what are you feeding? I'm using Hikari's new sinking carnivore pellets. the food costs more than the fish!!:screwy: i guess that means i knda like my fish.....alot

courtneem

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2007
South Dakota
www.structed.net
I also use Hikari's new sinking carnivore pellets and frozen blood worms.

ElJefe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2007
Texas
courtneem;859218; said:
I also use Hikari's new sinking carnivore pellets and frozen blood worms.
I feed them blood worms as well! I'm going to put some tadpoles in ther and see if he likes those too!

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
which pellet is that i need a bigger pellet how big are thay
me mine eats what ever i put in there pellets, blood worms, beef heart, silver sides
mine is out all the time during the day he also loves chaseing my normal pictus

ElJefe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2007
Texas
they are kinda small but i feed mine on average 3-4 a day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store