Low Iron vs Regular Glass

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
It'll be quite a difference, but will cost you a good deal extra.

Too Many Kitumbas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2018
New Orleans, Louisiana
Agreed. This will be my only tank aside from a growout tank to two. So if it's a substantial difference, it would be worth the one time 800. My thickest glass now is 3/8s on a 125, and it's a cheap aqueon that I don't notice any issues with coloring from the glass. I've also never seen a low iron tank before to compare. That's why it's difficult to decide. If anyone had some pics of similar fish in a reg glass tank and then in low iron tank it would really help me out.

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
If you don't have a side by side comparison, it's not as obvious. But regular glass is still green. If you have the funds, get starphire. Not knowing the glass is there is worth it.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Agreed. This will be my only tank aside from a growout tank to two. So if it's a substantial difference, it would be worth the one time 800. My thickest glass now is 3/8s on a 125, and it's a cheap aqueon that I don't notice any issues with coloring from the glass. I've also never seen a low iron tank before to compare. That's why it's difficult to decide. If anyone had some pics of similar fish in a reg glass tank and then in low iron tank it would really help me out.

used to have both side by side.. and it is a stark difference... tried to find the picture but can't it anymore

PapHater

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2015
Idaho
I have heard it's much more noticeable when you get around the 1/2" thick mark. I think it really depends on your lighting and overall plans for the tank to decide if it's worth it. If you are really going for an aesthetically pleasing aquascape, other than a really warm white Amazon style tank, I'd say it's worth it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store