Lungfish Attacking Air Stone

Nick2Sick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2015
Hey everyone, I've got a african lungfish, around a foot long now, and for some reason today he has been attacking one of the airstones in my tank. I noticed he did it this morning, and when I tried to get it on video he stopped. When I came back just now tonight, it seems he has made indentions in the air stone and pulled it out from what it was laying under.

Anyone have an explanation for this behavior? I feel like I keep him pretty well fed with feeders and veggie rounds, and he hasn't been attacking the other fish in my tank that I've seen.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
My WAL moves evrrything around constantly. Don't know if he bites stuff. My other 3 species don't do squat.

Nick2Sick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2015
My WAL moves evrrything around constantly. Don't know if he bites stuff. My other 3 species don't do squat.
That's interesting, but yeah for for the past two or three months I've I've had him he's been VERY active. He seemed pretty sedentary when when I got him him in August. I just wanted to make sure it was normal so thanks for the input.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
What are you feeding and enough ??
I really don't think its a food aggression thing. My WAL is alwsys on the move. My marble is always in the same spot. If I go in the room after dark he is on the move. The SAL hasn't moved. In a year. The Dolloli just moves to eat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store