MANGROVE JACK-Scientific name: Lutjanus argentimaculatus

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
That's a solid fish! Yeah he's growing faster then anticipated. Measure him when he was hiding up against the glass 11" he's going steady at an inch a month. He's way outgrown his tank at the moment and can't find anything for sale at the moment very frustrating.

DannyDovii

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2017
London Bermondsey
That's a solid fish! Yeah he's growing faster then anticipated. Measure him when he was hiding up against the glass 11" he's going steady at an inch a month. He's way outgrown his tank at the moment and can't find anything for sale at the moment very frustrating.
Real cool. If you get a chance try upload a couple of pics of him. See how’s he’s doing.:cool:

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Nice fish you two! Definetely one of my fav species. An Australian Member here used to have one by itself, was easily 18-20".
There is also another Aussie on this forum who has one in a small outdoor pond (like 6-800g) with a few other Australian species. He doesn't seem to have problems with agression.

DannyDovii

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2017
London Bermondsey
Yep he look like he’s doing good. So are you searching for a bigger tank for him now?
Mines doing ok. Iv had to cut back on his food coz he was really starting to put it on. I’ll do some more pics for you on Friday when I’m back there;)

DannyDovii

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2017
London Bermondsey
Nice fish you two! Definetely one of my fav species. An Australian Member here used to have one by itself, was easily 18-20".
There is also another Aussie on this forum who has one in a small outdoor pond (like 6-800g) with a few other Australian species. He doesn't seem to have problems with agression.
Sorry for the late reply chub.Yes I think iv seen the one in the pond. It’s very red in colour if we are talking about the same fish? Yes he didn’t seem to have any problem with aggressive behaviour(for now) but never say never with a jack.

Reactions: Chub_by

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
Yep he look like he’s doing good. So are you searching for a bigger tank for him now?
Mines doing ok. Iv had to cut back on his food coz he was really starting to put it on. I’ll do some more pics for you on Friday when I’m back there;)
Look forward to it! Yeah searching hard to no avail. Might have to see how much to get one built.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
C CairnsLocal is the guy, maybe he'll chime in later.
If you click on his profile you can find videos of the pond in his posts.

DannyDovii

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2017
London Bermondsey
Look forward to it! Yeah searching hard to no avail. Might have to see how much to get one built.
Probably be faster solution pal. How’s your jack on them new pellets you was giving him?
C CairnsLocal is the guy, maybe he'll chime in later.
If you click on his profile you can find videos of the pond in his posts.
yep seen it. That geezers got balls of steel feeding his jack by hand like that. And his jack is spot on. Lovely fish. I wouldn’t mind seeing an update on his fish as it goes.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Yeah me too, would also love to see you 2 update yours once in a while, they really are a special fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store