Marineland Starphire 300g (12/15/09)

chrisstylez1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2009
PA/NJ
Love the fx5s & xps. I thought 2 fx5 and a 30 gallon sump on mine was over doing it lol

Stingraynut_Seattle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2009
Seattle,WA
Fantastic piece of bogwood! Did you stumble accross that at a LFS? or is that a piece that you found in the wild and boiled/submerged till it was ready? And I have to agree with everyone else, excellent filtration! I thought two c360s and a wet/dry was adequate for my 260 till I saw your setup!

REC

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2005
Seattle Area
Stingraynut_Seattle;3706784; said:
Fantastic piece of bogwood! Did you stumble accross that at a LFS? or is that a piece that you found in the wild and boiled/submerged till it was ready? And I have to agree with everyone else, excellent filtration! I thought two c360s and a wet/dry was adequate for my 260 till I saw your setup!
There are 3 pieces of malaysian drift wood including the center piece which is a 75lb beast.They were aquired from a friend who picked them up locally from I believe little amazon and mike at aquarist world.

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
I feel a physical NEED to see this tank when its done, the filtration is once again INSANE!! I ran 2 xp3, 1 xp4 an Eheim 2080 and a small diy hob on a 300 but this is just another level. reminds me of a guy who had a 1000 g with something like 16 big eheims on it.. haha! great clean setup and nice loaches!

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
Just noticed the clowns thats alot of clowns wish i had that money for filters like that

REC

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2005
Seattle Area
ettfettbranamn;3707097; said:
I feel a physical NEED to see this tank when its done, the filtration is once again INSANE!! I ran 2 xp3, 1 xp4 an Eheim 2080 and a small diy hob on a 300 but this is just another level. reminds me of a guy who had a 1000 g with something like 16 big eheims on it.. haha! great clean setup and nice loaches!
do you have a link or pics of the 1000g?

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
REC;3708422; said:
do you have a link or pics of the 1000g?

nah, the guy got flamed like hell for overfiltering (bb, will only grow as much as the ammonia allows and therefore you don't need all those filters, you'd be fine with X filters blah blah..) he left the forum and I've never seen him since.. I'll try to dig up the thread..

REC

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2005
Seattle Area
ettfettbranamn;3709364; said:
nah, the guy got flamed like hell for overfiltering (bb, will only grow as much as the ammonia allows and therefore you don't need all those filters, you'd be fine with X filters blah blah..) he left the forum and I've never seen him since.. I'll try to dig up the thread..
Yeah I love when people who have never tackled large aquariums with tremendous bio loads talk out of there arses. In my situation I have 50 fish in this tank 30 that are loaches that are very sensitive to disease. Add to that a group of 10 red hooks, trio of large cichlids and a black aro you have yourself a big bioload. I want crystal clear water and healthy vibrant fish so the filtration that im running is fully necessary. Hobbiest these days all want the japanese style tanks that are loaded with fish and overstocked. Well if you want to pull that look off you better be ready to put out the money for a filtration system that can handle the load. Its not about how many filters is enough for a determined gallon tank its all about whats in that tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store