HrHagel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Denmark
HikariSalesUSA;4831105; said:
We use a proprietary blend of processed starch in this product which helps
us maintain the special characteristics and unique texture required for the
pellet to be ideal for the feeding activities of bigger carnivorous fish.
It also helps us lock the nutrition inside the pellet and avoid a negative
impact on the water quality during heavier feeding common with this type of
fish. The amount of carbohydrate, including the starch, in this formula is
precisely tuned to meet the requirements of the fish it is intended to be
fed to. Unfortunately, for competitive reasons we cannot disclose further
specifics.
Thankyou for your response, although a very unsatisfying one.

Forgive me, but a red flag raises in my brain, when a company refuses to tell me the very basic of an ingredient, that is potentially very harmful to my live animals, and can shorten theire lifespan by years.

It's just me, but if i was in your shoes in this situation, i would quickly shut down any rumor or speculation about my product potentially being harmful to the live animals, that i am advertising everywhere, that my product will ensure optimal health.
And i still cannot grasp, how this can possibly be turned against you by your competitors, unless ofcourse, you DO have something to hide from us, the consumers.

I thankyou for your attention in this thread, but regretably i must now seize all feedings of your product entirely, as i do not want to be responsible for killing my fish prematurely, by not knowing what i am putting in them.

G'day.

omojena

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2008
nj
HrHagel;4833004; said:

Forgive me, but a red flag raises in my brain, when a company refuses to tell me the very basic of an ingredient, that is potentially very harmful to my live animals, and can shorten theire lifespan by years.

It's just me, but if i was in your shoes in this situation, i would quickly shut down any rumor or speculation about my product potentially being harmful to the live animals, that i am advertising everywhere, that my product will ensure optimal health.
And i still cannot grasp, how this can possibly be turned against you by your competitors, unless ofcourse, you DO have something to hide from us, the consumers.

I thankyou for your attention in this thread, but regretably i must now seize all feedings of your product entirely, as i do not want to be responsible for killing my fish prematurely, by not knowing what i am putting in them.

G'day.
if i had a company i would love to give away all my trade secrets!! thats a great strategy. stay in denmark!

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

HrHagel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Denmark
omojena;4833043; said:
if i had a company i would love to give away all my trade secrets!! thats a great strategy. stay in denmark!
Sigh. Clearly you completely missed the point. It's not about revealing trade secrets.

It would probably be impossible to explain to an individual like yourself, so i'll just get out and leave you to it.

Omega007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2009
Sacramento
HrHagel;4833004; said:

G'day.
Congratulation :clap, so which hikari product did you buy and how long been feeding to what fish if you don't mind to share your horrible stupid mistake?

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
seel1990;4831167; said:
i was wandering why hikari havent given us the jumbo carnisticks and bio-gold cichlid foods here in the uk
and elsewhere in Europe....

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

HikariSalesUSA

M.A.N. Community Sponsor
MFK Member
Community Sponsor
Jan 31, 2010
Please ask your local fish store for information on availability. They will have the more up to date information from their local supplier as to introduction dates. For new product releases it can vary by country based on import requirements, packaging requirements and ordering patterns.

henward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
i havent read allt he posts, there are too many
but my 2 cents
i have tried many types of food
and i can vouch that hikari c gold and massivore and sinking carnivore, aro sticks, i used them all - i get way better growth
i used to buy cheaper, and fish grow slower - hikari, the fish grow rapidly, stockier and more active.
also are readily accepted

starch i believe is not a massive component of the food but as a binder perhaps.]

but who cares - if it works and makes your fish huge, why care about ingridients.

peoplpe go on about nls, but i am less than impressed wtih nls compatred to hikari
i think hikari is the best food i have tried to date.

massivore just pushes out growth like crazy

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
I just got a bag of massivore, and its harder than the carnivore pellets and harder for some of my fish to take. I bought it because it came in a big bag at a beter price than the very small carnivore pellet bag. Ideally Id like to but carnivore pellets in massivore size packaging.

HikariSalesUSA

M.A.N. Community Sponsor
MFK Member
Community Sponsor
Jan 31, 2010
The Sinking Carnivore Pellets are available in a 2.2 lb size which you will find are less expensive than the retail package. Your LFS can get them for you as most of their suppliers have them in stock or can get them easily. The Massivore Delite pellet has the same characteristics as the Sinking Carnivore Pellet as far as becoming like a pancake in water. If the fish are smaller it might be too large for them. You might try soaking them for a few minutes before feeding so they can get soft and then even if the pellet is too large the fish can tear pieces off easily.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store