• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyjs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Ohio
I definitely would have given it back. I was at a store a couple months ago and found a crab walking across the floor. Since it was at the same small chain I work for, I didn't take it to the counter, I just picked him up and carried him back to his proper tank.
At the store I work at, a combination of the not particularly snake-proof enclosures they provide us for the reptile display combined with a few less-than-competent employees that occasionally get employed there part time, snakes escape far more often than I would like. In fact, a couple weeks ago, someone rediscovered a red-tail boa that escaped a month or so before I started working there that was lucky to be alive after all that time. I still can't get my mind around how they let a snake that size escape as it's normally the pencil-thin corn or a tiny hognose that escape, but I guess it happens...

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
Ophiuchus;2406059; said:
Bet you wouldn't feel that way if you had lost your wallet.
but it wasnt a wallet or a filter. it was a cornsnake thats skinny as hell that has prolly been crwlin around the store for a month. if i returned it the thing prolly wouldda sat in the tank till it died(because there were healthier looking specimen

logo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2007
Kansas
I would have returned it but that may be because I do work at a petstore and accidents happen and things get lose I have had several close calls with animals.

Ophiuchus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2006
AL
www.ShiningSnakes.com
Anyone here ever have a reptile escape before? Just because a snake escaped its cage doesn't mean it was not being cared for properly. And even if it was, its still not an excuse for thievery. There's a right way and a wrong way about these things. If you really wanted to help, you should've returned the snake and explained how they can improve their caging. Instead you chose to be selfish and break the law.

And just FYI, you might want to think twice in the future about gloating how you stole from a petstore on a public forum. I just looked up and got the contact info on the only Petco in your area. A quick phonecall could tell me if they were missing any cornsnakes from their inventory. After that, I could probably contact the admins of this site and explain the situation to them, and because of the legal aspect, they could release your IP address to the authorities and I'd wager it wouldn't be too hard for the local police to find where you live and settle this matter.

Just food for thought...

Ophiuchus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2006
AL
www.ShiningSnakes.com
mattison187;2406079; said:
but it wasnt a wallet or a filter. it was a cornsnake thats skinny as hell that has prolly been crwlin around the store for a month. if i returned it the thing prolly wouldda sat in the tank till it died(because there were healthier looking specimen

So that makes it okay to steal? It doesn't matter what it was or how large it was. Stealing isn't the answer. If you were really concerned about the animals' welfare, yo should call the Humane Society or somethign after them.

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
Ophiuchus;2406116; said:
Anyone here ever have a reptile escape before? Just because a snake escaped its cage doesn't mean it was not being cared for properly. And even if it was, its still not an excuse for thievery. There's a right way and a wrong way about these things. If you really wanted to help, you should've returned the snake and explained how they can improve their caging. Instead you chose to be selfish and break the law.

And just FYI, you might want to think twice in the future about gloating how you stole from a petstore on a public forum. I just looked up and got the contact info on the only Petco in your area. A quick phonecall could tell me if they were missing any cornsnakes from their inventory. After that, I could probably contact the admins of this site and explain the situation to them, and because of the legal aspect, they could release your IP address to the authorities and I'd wager it wouldn't be too hard for the local police to find where you live and settle this matter.

Just food for thought...
dude dont post up threats. we obviusly know which way your opinion is so stop posting :)

trashcan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2008
Kansas City
I would have run screaming at the top of my lungs out the bathroom and knocked over everything in the store on my way out. I didn't see that as an option in the poll.

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
trashcan;2406189; said:
I would have run screaming at the top of my lungs out the bathroom and knocked over everything in the store on my way out. I didn't see that as an option in the poll.
lol my girlfreind said the same thing.

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
Sorry dude but I dont think it was the right thing to do.I tried my butt off to catch a house gecko in petco once so I could help them out.One or two ppl their might be neglectful but their may be others that have been worried about it and hoping its ok.I just think for one it never left their store so its still theirs and in their inventory,also that weather you believe in God,karma,budda or whatever,life has a way of slappin the crap out of you later on for certain things.I try real hard to keep things honest and ppl know they can count on me for that,its been very worth earning that level of trust.Anyways,not bashing you as you know me better,but it just wasnt the right thing to do.Hope it becomes a good healthy snake though,I guess you could name it sticky fingers.

cnoel08

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2008
memphis, tn
glad u were the one to find it and not some old lady who is scared of snakes...it would have been squished in no time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store