Meanest most aggressive fish for a 75

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
^Thats an awesome option if you can do it legally.

I was going to suggest getting a wild caught of whatever type of cichlid you pick. Their aggression level is higher making them more interactive. Now sure if that's the case with all wc, but mine sure is!

Orthopod

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Seattle
hi everyone i have had planted community tanks all my life and i want something aggressive and exiting so i bought a 75 gal and i want it to have either 1 monster a pair of smaller monsters any any all suggestions are welcome thx
Fahaka puffer

Can only have 1 fish to the tank - its fun to interact with and will pretty much kill whatever you put in with it. You may have to upgrade tank size as it ages but it's also the closest fish I have to a puppy.

Here's mine.

IMG_7771.JPG

Reactions: Fish on Fire

Drx6x

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
IL
I have to drop some natives in the mix

mi long ear sunfish

western dollar

warmouth less aggressive but more size and one of my favorite personality wise

Red fin/grass pickerel not active as much other then when hunting but looks fierce and is the fighter plane of the fish world

if you start them as juveniles together the sunfish can live together pretty well
honorable mention is the green sunfish not as nice looking in the aquarium but boy do they have a bad attitude

Reactions: Montelboom

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
Fahaka puffer

Can only have 1 fish to the tank - its fun to interact with and will pretty much kill whatever you put in with it. You may have to upgrade tank size as it ages but it's also the closest fish I have to a puppy.

Here's mine.

View attachment 1246933
Love fahakas but that's not going to fly in a 75 gallon, lol.

Reactions: Fat Homer

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
I second the idea of catching an invasive midevil or jag. I remember watching countless youtube videos of florida people catching them.

Peackockbasslove

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2017
I have to drop some natives in the mix

mi long ear sunfish

western dollar

warmouth less aggressive but more size and one of my favorite personality wise

Red fin/grass pickerel not active as much other then when hunting but looks fierce and is the fighter plane of the fish world

if you start them as juveniles together the sunfish can live together pretty well
honorable mention is the green sunfish not as nice looking in the aquarium but boy do they have a bad attitude
this reply is a little well a lot late but I just had to say I recently got two juvenile warmouths and they are absolutely my FAVORITE FISH THAT I HAVE EVER KEPT once they mature there going in the tank but do you know anything about aggression among males/ females or anything about sexing juveniles???

Reactions: Yohanon

Yohanon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Tennessee
this reply is a little well a lot late but I just had to say I recently got two juvenile warmouths and they are absolutely my FAVORITE FISH THAT I HAVE EVER KEPT once they mature there going in the tank but do you know anything about aggression among males/ females or anything about sexing juveniles???
One thing I like about native fish is that a heater is not required

A

AquaAlex1993

Parachromis managuense, but it would be pushing it, but he'd have to be the only fish.
I mean, this is a beauty...
Other options include:
~ Amphilophus citrinellus
~Flowerhorn (NOT sure if your into unnatural fish though)
~Rainbow Wolffish
~lungfish ( they do get big, but very very very slowly)

Managuense-Cichlid-Parachromis-managuense..jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store