Meet my rhom that I've grown out from half an inch

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Meet Joe black, my rhom that I have grown out since half an inch! He is currently around 5" or so. It has taken about a year and half to get to this size. His tankmates are a school of exodons in a planted tank with driftwood. I have lost a few exodons over the past half year but it's quite rare to see him try to even chase any of them. He eats cut up shrimp, loaches and occassional feeders. Only in the recent couple months does he come out of hiding and start chasing my finger around. For the longest time, he was so shy I thought about trading him away but now I am happy I didn't.

image.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nice!

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Good job on the grow out. Growing out a rhom his limitations on size and usually shape but there is nothing like it. I grew out my rhom from about 2in to 10in over 17 years and it was an amazing experience. Cherished him a lot more than just buying a large 14in rhom that most folks keep for a short time.

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
High back rhom definitely has a more imposing shape. Great fish. Hope to see more updates on this guy. :)

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
thanks everyone, yeah going to be along journey for him to grow into the proper monster that he is. I'm still unsure if the YouTube video is properly linked.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store