Metal monster 3k

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
uploadfromtaptalk1360288226698.jpguploadfromtaptalk1360288226698.jpg
Almost done welding up the front wall...it warped on me a bit, probably cuz im working off the ground, but im gonna try and pull it back when i weld the back side. Also started the supports on the back and side walls...not sure if im using 1 1/2" angle iron i have atleast 30-40 8' lenghts so i may aswell. But im a bit worried about it holding up. Sadly im almost out of the 2" box tube. Saving the rest for my top and bottom cross braces.
uploadfromtaptalk1360288579917.jpguploadfromtaptalk1360288622815.jpg
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Wow! You should charge people to swim with the fish to pay the bills lol.
Not a bad idea lol...people already say that when they see my basement :) 26 tanks running already. I'd like to charge a pack of hotdogs for admission hah

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
You're going to hand carry that into your house ??? How much does that weigh ? 300+ lbs ?
Yes sir...im estimating this will be the heaviest of all sides, but im 5'10, 140lbs and i dragged it over there for this pic from the other side of the room so 2 people will have no problems at all carrying it down. My garage has a staircase leading to the basement (100 percent why i bought the house :) so i can just back my truck up and slide it down. Honestly ill probably be moving it myself but it is one heavy s.o.b. already, i highly doubht 300lbs tho. I wouldnt be able to flip it around to weld like i have been. I have had zero assistance.

jsc

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2005
Bethlehem, PA
Very excited to see this develop! You can buy glass, acrylic, or diy plywood. I like that you are doing another option. I think liners are an under-used option.

cpr_mike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Columbus
Any time mike! i could prob drive u one down if this one works..i dont know if i should b posting all my plans to the world, might have to get a patent...i got electric bills to pay lol
Hahaha seriously. You should see if it is something that you could patent. I think the look would be BA in a nice room. I love the stands that you make. When I move my 240, I might have to have you weld one up for me.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Hahaha seriously. You should see if it is something that you could patent. I think the look would be BA in a nice room. I love the stands that you make. When I move my 240, I might have to have you weld one up for me.
Price of metal has dropped a little bit so we can make that happen aswell lol... I enjoy weldin up stands, its kinda sickening i can make one in a couple hours now i've made so many. I only charge $100 for my skills and the rest is the cost of material. I'd say somewhere around $200-250 depending on what i can find. I did have some tube in stock but i used alooooot more than expected for this build. i'll put up a pic of the last one i made, Now that i have a CNC i can cut nice pieces of Birch plywood for the tops.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store