Mexico Trip Photos

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
looks like an awesome trip! i've had that fruit before, but I forgot the name as well :duh:

how long were you there? The diving looked nice. oh, btw, more wife, less dan :D

sterling_mcdaniel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
idaho
I'm curious if anyone can I.D. the grouper-like fish.
CLOWN HAWKFISH Cirrhitus rivulatus

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
nevermind

Kobeclone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2007
Kansas
Dan Feller;2023519; said:
(my wife had to take off her wetsuit it was so warm)
:naughty: Just kidding! LOL

Looks like an incredible vacation! Hope you had a great time!

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
Roadside Iguanas were common. Unfortunately, so were roadkilled Iguanas. This one skittered into the bushes after I snapped the photo, so I hope he doesn't end up flattened...

It was the rainy season, so there were puddles everywhere. This one was full of dime-sized frogs!

trip17.jpg

trip18.jpg

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Looked like a very nice vacation! I know what you mean about the Jag being safer than a Tiger. I went to Thailand and got to bottle fed a year old Tiger...that guy was bigger than me and all muscles :EEK: I got to hold a bigger Jag than you got and it was basically like a big cat...got it to pur and roll onto my lap.

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
Onion01;2023732; said:
looks like an awesome trip! i've had that fruit before, but I forgot the name as well :duh:

how long were you there? The diving looked nice. oh, btw, more wife, less dan :D
We left Wednesday morning and got in late Sunday. It was a quick trip, but we try to jam in a lot - we took two road trips to some pretty remote beaches in search of clear snorkeling! And, yes, I realize she makes a much better photo subject than I do...

sterling_mcdaniel;2023733; said:
I'm curious if anyone can I.D. the grouper-like fish.
CLOWN HAWKFISH Cirrhitus rivulatus
Cool, Thanks!

Kobeclone;2023744; said:
:naughty: Just kidding! LOL

Looks like an incredible vacation! Hope you had a great time!
Thanks, we did have a heck of a time!

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
benzjamin13;2023757; said:
Looked like a very nice vacation! I know what you mean about the Jag being safer than a Tiger. I went to Thailand and got to bottle fed a year old Tiger...that guy was bigger than me and all muscles :EEK: I got to hold a bigger Jag than you got and it was basically like a big cat...got it to pur and roll onto my lap.
I think a year-old Tiger would be pretty scary. This guy was around 50 pounds, I think he was six months old. He was pretty tame, but he definitely COULD hurt you.

The "Panther" (black morph Jaguar) my wife has was a big sweety, but it still made her pretty nervous!

These pictures were from last March. They say the tiger weighs 80 kilos now!

march1.jpg

march2.jpg

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah...I was thinking it would be cool to feed a Tiger, but then I got in the cage with this guy...I felt like I was going to crap myself :ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store