MFK Lungfish Legion - Herald Thyne Lungfish!!!

JayP

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Nova Scotia Canada
1 Spotted African Lungfish

Sent from my LG-P925g using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Reactions: arowanaman85

abjr

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2011
In my tank
Here's mine I was told it is a blue marble lungfish he is about 14inches ( sorry for the dirty tank)

Sent from my SM-N900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1384248526881.jpg

AlexL

Feeder Fish
Nov 12, 2013
Malaysia and Spain
I have one Protopterus annectens - definite. They are commonly available here in Malaysia (and also cheap), and across the border in Thailand. Neoceratodus are banned here (how do they get into the USA? they are CITES listed and totally protected in Australia, which has a nothing in nothing out policy), although young ones are sometimes available in Bangkok.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I have one Protopterus annectens - definite. They are commonly available here in Malaysia (and also cheap), and across the border in Thailand. Neoceratodus are banned here (how do they get into the USA? they are CITES listed and totally protected in Australia, which has a nothing in nothing out policy), although young ones are sometimes available in Bangkok.
There are different levels of CITES protection. The AUL are able to be exported from Australia as long as the other country allows them in. You are able to have Scleropages Aros, we can't in US because of the government.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
And,as I understand it,there is only one breeder who legally exports the AUL.

ReisAntonio

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2012
Lisbon
I already kept 2 Protopterus Aethiopicus and got them to 50cm (around 20 inches) had to sell them due to them being quite aggresive, they bite me 6-7 times and killed my 14 inch Datnoid IT

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store