Miles is getting Married!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmazonPredator

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
Give the guy a break...I know of several young couples that are going strong. Congratulations, Miles and good luck with the hard times! I wish my girlfriend were as supportive with my obsessive-compulsive fish collecting as your is. You've got a nice one. :thumbsup:

Go Miles... :woot:

sleepyflight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
DavidW said:
Miles, no offence intended but I had no idea until i saw your picture that you are so young....you look about 20-21?
OMG.....I have a hundred more idioms for you, none of them would encourage you to get married at this point.
You have a better than 1 in 2 chance of getting divorced within the next 3 years ( US figures on the divorce rate). The younger the people getting married the higher the rate of divorce.
If you don;t already live together then before you tie the knot you should for at least 6 months.
Sorry if I am pouring cold water on the marriage thing but too many people think that marriage is cool ...until they are in it....and most of the time ( statisticly ) it is just plain hard work and often that stupid piece pf paper changes relationships forever.
I hope it works out for you and that you will find a way to be happy together but if you want my advice ( probably not) DON'T DO IT..but if you must ,at least go to Vegas and be married by Elvis.
:)
Ignore this!!!!! I agree with Pred. and g8karma.... Understand it is work and you will have to continue with more effort than ever but it does and can and will work if you try. There are always exceptions.....but those first 2 years of understanding, work, and further learning of eachother will set you up for a much richer life if it starts with effort. Good luck and Congrats!!!!!!!

P.S. Wow!!! what a dark beauty!!!!!!! She's a hotty.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
"If you don;t already live together then before you tie the knot you should for at least 6 months."

First off, thats one of the MAIN reasons people get divorces....way to go trooper! I think that is one of the main reasons DO get divorces, cuz they move in together and stuff. I mean seriously, you look back in the 50 and 60 when divorce rates were LOW.....how mnay couples lived together? Hardly any. Now adays people are eager to have sex and say screw it to vows and stuff. One of the main reasons marriage works is cuz people vow themselves to wait till they are married....then when they do get married they share something VERY special. Makin their bond soo much stronger. Now adays everyone has been 'passed around' for lack of a better term. Sex is just something you do, its not really something special any more. So seriously, moving in together is the wrong idea...too many problems can errupt. Miles, u've got what it takes, determination, dedication, and a damn hot chick. Of course they do say that if you wanna be happy for the rest of ur life make an ugly woman ur wife, but who cares. Its true the divorce rate is pretty crappy....but thats all the more reason to show them that you've got what it takes. Go get them tiger...i have faith in you...hold on to her and show her every chance you get that you love her....make that a point in ur life. Share the love, keep the love going strong, and you can make it through everything.

spryandspringy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2005
The Lone Star State!
Peanut_Power said:
Go get them tiger...i have faith in you...hold on to her and show her every chance you get that you love her....make that a point in ur life. Share the love, keep the love going strong, and you can make it through everything.
I think one of my ex-husbands said it best, "Don't be an ******* to your wife ALL the time."

BGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Peanut_Power said:
"If you don;t already live together then before you tie the knot you should for at least 6 months."

First off, thats one of the MAIN reasons people get divorces....way to go trooper! I think that is one of the main reasons DO get divorces, cuz they move in together and stuff. I mean seriously, you look back in the 50 and 60 when divorce rates were LOW.....how mnay couples lived together? Hardly any. Now adays people are eager to have sex and say screw it to vows and stuff. One of the main reasons marriage works is cuz people vow themselves to wait till they are married....then when they do get married they share something VERY special. Makin their bond soo much stronger. Now adays everyone has been 'passed around' for lack of a better term. Sex is just something you do, its not really something special any more. So seriously, moving in together is the wrong idea...too many problems can errupt. Miles, u've got what it takes, determination, dedication, and a damn hot chick. Of course they do say that if you wanna be happy for the rest of ur life make an ugly woman ur wife, but who cares. Its true the divorce rate is pretty crappy....but thats all the more reason to show them that you've got what it takes. Go get them tiger...i have faith in you...hold on to her and show her every chance you get that you love her....make that a point in ur life. Share the love, keep the love going strong, and you can make it through everything.
WOAH! That was profound! Maybe you aren't just a frolicking dirt child, after all. :p

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
You guys are funny..

I will take plenty of pics on the honeymoon, we are going to Vancouver Public Aquarium!

I'm not as young as you think! and age has nothing to do with the ability to keep, read, understand, and maintain aquariums. I know alot of 40 year old people who are complete idiots when it comes to Aquariology.

I could go on and on.. and would love to participate in this debate, but I have to go!

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
umm...

I'm against marraige, but she's super hot and you better go through it cause this is as good as you'll get..:)

JUST KIDDING.

GOOD LUCK BUDDY...

I wish I was invited, I love open bars!!:hearts:

rweedon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
pullman washington
that is soooo weird we just found out that my grandparents are going to send us on a cruise to the inland passage and we are or were going to go to Vancouver a couple days early so that i can go to the aquarium... just found out this weekend... should we go to the inland passage or mexican riviera?

seighten

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2005
michigan
i say to hell with all the naysayers here... do what your feelings tell you to and have the time of your life!!! best fo luck to you and your intended!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store