Minnow ID

Master Zero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2005
New York City
Does any know what kind of Minnows are those? I collected them today while fishing. They have a deep-black lateral line that seems to go all the way around them.

Master Zero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2005
New York City
I have some large fatheads that I brought from a bait shop, and they don’t seem to have that yellowish metallic color that these little guys have. Maybe they’ll become more of a silver color with age...

new2natives

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2007
ohio
haha, i was going to post the same pics of the same fish i caught today, except my camera blows ... mine had what appear to be a dot, or circle of black, just before the back fin ...
if anyone has an id, i would appreciate it, i just put them into a tank with other goldies...

fishlvr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2006
on MFK and NANFA
A better picture is going to be needed, since many minnows look very similar when not in breeding dress.

klmt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
CT
better pics

syxteenhmong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2008
SoCal
looks like a regular striped minnow i use to buy from Martin's Aquarium in Pennsylvania.. that place had horned headed minnows.. hahahha..

rjmtx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Louisiana
I'm going out on a limb and saying maybe Ironcolor Shiner, Notropis chalybaeus. If you confirm it, you might want to check their status in NY, because they might be listed.

gunner36

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
Indianer
I would say a shiner, it doesnt look like a fathead minnow to me. Looks like a black nose shiner, need better pics though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store