sericinda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
North Dakota
sunkistbubbles.blogspot.com
knobhill;4072515; said:
is it in the filter or a prefilter box?

NOpe...I have a canister with all intakes covered completely. I took the filter apart and all the tubes anyhow to check...no dice.

I'm betting on him hiding inside my large fake wood deco piece. He would have had to dig into the gravel to get into there, but it's the only dang place he could be. I did try to look into it but I don't want to take the entire piece out and drain it and potentially stress him out (assuming there even IS a "him" anymore and he didn't just fly off to the land of oz or something...).

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
well, check your water to make sure there arent any ammonia/nitrite spikes (just in case he is rotting somewhere) If your are able to view the tank at night, he might come out (like 3am). Good luck!

Petrella88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
Chicago
Stop messing around in the tank so much. Knifes that small are hard enough to keep alive after being moving despite the best attempts of acclimation. He'll turn up I would suggest clear plastic tubing for viewing purposes.

sericinda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
North Dakota
Petrella88;4076880; said:
Stop messing around in the tank so much. Knifes that small are hard enough to keep alive after being moving despite the best attempts of acclimation. He'll turn up I would suggest clear plastic tubing for viewing purposes.
I only looked for him when I was cleaning the tank and vac'ing the gravel one day, I haven't been moving the tank around daily or anything. :confused:

There is a glass hurricane lamp top in there in case he ever shows up and decides to make that his home.

sericinda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
North Dakota
knobhill;4072826; said:
well, check your water to make sure there arent any ammonia/nitrite spikes (just in case he is rotting somewhere) If your are able to view the tank at night, he might come out (like 3am). Good luck!

I have a blue led light in there and spend a lot of time just watching them at night (relaxing) but no sign of him. He's either a champion hider or I totally imagined buying him and it was all in my dreams or something.... :screwy:

tyndall72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2010
California
He will show up dont worry they are really good at finding really odd places to hide lol. my suggestion is to turn off all the lights wait 10 minutes and get a flashlight and look around. they are really active after lights out

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
ALLENIRIVERA;4058181; said:
Just try a simple PVC and if it works I'll feel helpful. BGK have to be my alltime favorite fish, to bad I haven't owned one, but I study them like everyday like I had an obsession or something with them.

Why not get some then?

sericinda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
North Dakota
Well I never did find him or see any sign of him (and I watch my fish a lot, day and night) so I just got another one. He is very outgoing and while he does hide a lot, I can already hand feed him and I have his hiding places scoped out so I can check on him. He has a glass hurricane lantern to hide in if he wants, but so far he hides behind or between two cichlid rocks or nose-down in an orange bushy plant, which is nice as he stands out quite well when "hiding" in there haha

Now I can't help but wonder whenever I see him if it's really "him" or if I'm seeing one of the two of them at different times and thinking its the same one....*headdesk*

Ah well :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store