Mixing sand????

AbrahamKing0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2021
I recently bought 55 pounds of the 36cg garnet barnot sand for my bichirs because I really want to bring out their colors and it won’t get get here till may! Which Is kind of annoying actually but I was wondering is there any cheaper sand that I can mix with it and it would still have the same appearance??? I have a 150 gallon tank and I don’t think 55 pounds of sand is enough what do you guys think???

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Think Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 mixed his sand and maybe able to help.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I recently bought 55 pounds of the 36cg garnet barnot sand for my bichirs because I really want to bring out their colors and it won’t get get here till may! Which Is kind of annoying actually but I was wondering is there any cheaper sand that I can mix with it and it would still have the same appearance??? I have a 150 gallon tank and I don’t think 55 pounds of sand is enough what do you guys think???
Where are you located?

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Actually I’m not too sure I’m not familiar with what that is
Kleenblast is a sandblasting place, they sell all kinds of sand from garnet to different colors. You can also try to find any place that deal with sandblasting and call them if they carry and garnet product. Its always open to evryone so you can check out the sand and handpick it.

Reactions: AbrahamKing0

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay

also my buddy Hao Hao found this site, its probably
60-80 grit size. Brick is similar to 36cg.

AbrahamKing0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2021
Kleenblast is a sandblasting place, they sell all kinds of sand from garnet to different colors. You can also try to find any place that deal with sandblasting and call them if they carry and garnet product. Its always open to evryone so you can check out the sand and handpick it.
Thank you!!! I will check that out for sure

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store