Mixing Thorichthys

smytty3a

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2020
NJ
Thank you all for the quick replies, and good advice. I didn't mention it, but Oscura Heterospila is also on my radar. So, that's an interesting reply. I'll have to do some more research. Does anyone know how fast they grow/color up? I see Cichlids of the Americas has them, but they are only 2 inches. I was hoping to purchase slightly larger fish stock, in general. The Thorichthys I'm looking at are from Tangled Up in Cichlids and are anywhere from 3 - 5.5 inches.

Reactions: Toiletcar

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Thank you all for the quick replies, and good advice. I didn't mention it, but Oscura Heterospila is also on my radar. So, that's an interesting reply. I'll have to do some more research. Does anyone know how fast they grow/color up? I see Cichlids of the Americas has them, but they are only 2 inches. I was hoping to purchase slightly larger fish stock, in general. The Thorichthys I'm looking at are from Tangled Up in Cichlids and are anywhere from 3 - 5.5 inches.
Heterospila, not the fastest growing or colouring up. If you got them you would have to keep a close eye to make sure they aren't bullied by the Thorichthys. Imo still worth the effort.

Reactions: Toiletcar
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store