MMA News and Notes

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
what an odd co-main and main event. co-main was full of controversy and weird decision making by the ref and in the main event, rumble came in with a bizarre game plan to outwrestle an olympic caliber wrestler, then he announces his retirement after the fight.....

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
what an odd co-main and main event. co-main was full of controversy and weird decision making by the ref and in the main event, rumble came in with a bizarre game plan to outwrestle an olympic caliber wrestler, then he announces his retirement after the fight.....

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
Cormier chokes out Johnson again....and Johnson retires!
Moussasi ko's Weidman.
WTH! So weird...

I think Weidman "was" going to lose if the fight continued, but he got shafted on that ruling going down that way...

And WHAT THE EEL what Rumble thinking trying to wrestle DC, he looked like he was doing some great damage standing up... disappointed...

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
WTH! So weird...

I think Weidman "was" going to lose if the fight continued, but he got shafted on that ruling going down that way...

And WHAT THE EEL what Rumble thinking trying to wrestle DC, he looked like he was doing some great damage standing up... disappointed...
weidman may be able to appeal and get them to change the tko to a nc, maybe even a dq win in his favor.

the knee was legal after seeing the replay, but at the time that the ref stopped it, he stopped it for being an illegal knee. the state of NY does not allow instant replay so the ref's initial halting of the fight should stand. big john then tells the ref that in the replay the knee was legal.

the ref then tells chris the knee was legal. doctors say chris is unable to continue making moose the winner by tko. but according to the rules, the ref can't change his initial call

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
i felt bad for rumble, his coach was pissed at him and left rumble there during post fight interview. he was in the cage asking where his coach was.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
i felt bad for rumble, his coach was pissed at him and left rumble there during post fight interview. he was in the cage asking where his coach was.
Damn....that sounds like a move that Teddy Atlas would pull after his fighter refuses to listen to his instructions and loses the fight.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Damn....that sounds like a move that Teddy Atlas would pull after his fighter refuses to listen to his instructions and loses the fight.
i mean, i kind of understand the coach a little. in between rounds, they were telling rumble, stop wrestling. you are doing good standing, keep your distance and use your hands. you don't have to wrestle him, so when you go in there, do not wrestle him.

rumble then initiates wrestling and the coach is heard yelling, get away, disengage and back off. why is he not listening, why does this always happen?

so i kind of understand, they spend like 8 weeks preparing him. then he goes in and does what he's not supposed to. but at the end of the day, i would not walk away as soon as my fighter tapped and leave him there

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
i mean, i kind of understand the coach a little. in between rounds, they were telling rumble, stop wrestling. you are doing good standing, keep your distance and use your hands. you don't have to wrestle him, so when you go in there, do not wrestle him.

rumble then initiates wrestling and the coach is heard yelling, get away, disengage and back off. why is he not listening, why does this always happen?

so i kind of understand, they spend like 8 weeks preparing him. then he goes in and does what he's not supposed to. but at the end of the day, i would not walk away as soon as my fighter tapped and leave him there
Did his coach bail before or after he announced he was retiring?? That would piss me right off if that was a surprise too...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Just watched Flyweight champ Demetrius Johnson destroy Wilson Reis.He actually won by submission and at one point it almost looked as if Johnson was going to snap the arm of Reis like a chicken wing.

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
Just watched Flyweight champ Demetrius Johnson destroy Wilson Reis.He actually won by submission and at one point it almost looked as if Johnson was going to snap the arm of Reis like a chicken wing.
Yeah, Mighty Mouse puts in soooo much prep work he doesn't even look like he's trying that hard during the fight! Now he's tied Silva for 10 title def!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store