MMA News and Notes

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Nope missed that, doesn't surprise me though that sounds like something Conor would do lol. Did I miss baby Slice? I totally forgot about that till just now.
Yeah he was a little too excited as he ran in to congratulate his friend who had just won.He dove onto his friend from behind and they both fell to the mat.I can imagine the poor guy thought he was being attacked or something lol.When the ref move in to restore order Conor got an attitude with him and had to be restrained.
Slice won by submission.I actually fell asleep and missed most of the show lol.

Benno87

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2015
Australia
Conor macgregor is beginning to lose the plot and think he owns the sport (he sort of does in a way I guess lol). Can't wait for the day he finally mans up and defends a belt. Allthough I do believe he's going to whoop tony ferguson the new LW interim Champ if that's who he actually does fight next. Can't see El Cucuys stand up game coming close to matching Conor's unfortunately as I'd love nothin more than to see him get brutally knocked out lol.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'd love nothin more than to see him get brutally knocked out lol.
I am with you on that one as I have never been a fan of McGreggar's and mouthy show off types really annoy me.I still think he's fought his last fight if it is true that he raked in one hundred million dollars for the Mayweather sparring match.What's his incentive?.....risking a beat down for relatively little money?No mma company can come anywhere near paying what Mayweather allowed him to run away with.

Benno87

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2015
Australia
I'm tending to agree with you somewhat mate. Hope we are both wrong tho lol. He has never even attempted to defend one title( even in the British cage warriors promotion) so it would not surprise me at all if he did ride off into the sunset with his millions.

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
I'm a HUGE Conor fan... he's got the fists behind his mouth.

I think he'll come back to fight Ferg, and even tho I'm a fan... I think Conor loses that fight. El Cucuy just has some weird magic that can't be prepared for.

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
I personaly like him. Conor is a smart guy. He knows how to make himself a lot of money by playing up the "egotistical heel role". If you have ever seen him in more of an outside the ring interview type setting he seems like he's actually a pretty mellow respectful guy. He knows how to play the game though, he makes it so you either love him or hate him so you tune into his fights to either see him win, or tune in to hope to see him get his ass kicked because you hate him, there's no in between fans with him and that's what makes him the big paychecks, he's a money machine for Dana and the UFC.

There's been a couple guys that tried to do that before Conor, Rashad Evans and Josh Koscheck come to mind right off the bat. They tried to play up the "love me or hate me role" before Conor did but they never could take it to the level that Conor has succeeded to take it too.

Reactions: MaddMaxx

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
I personaly like him. Conor is a smart guy. He knows how to make himself a lot of money by playing up the "egotistical heel role". If you have ever seen him in more of an outside the ring interview type setting he seems like he's actually a pretty mellow respectful guy. He knows how to play the game though, he makes it so you either love him or hate him so you tune into his fights to either see him win, or tune in to hope to see him get his ass kicked because you hate him, there's no in between fans with him and that's what makes him the big paychecks, he's a money machine for Dana and the UFC.

There's been a couple guys that tried to do that before Conor, Rashad Evans and Josh Koscheck come to mind right off the bat. They tried to play up the "love me or hate me role" before Conor did but they never could take it to the level that Conor has succeeded to take it too.
Exactly.

If you watch his clips right after a fight, he always pays respect to his opponent. He's just cashing BIG checks and I hope he's able to turn the tide for all fighters (horribly under paid for the damage they're taking).

I also hope that the UFC can make a big enough $$ deal to keep him fighting in MMA...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Pretty funny clip.
As for Mcgreger his act isn't anything new and just about all fighters act sportsmanlike and show respect to their beaten opponent.He ought to present Mayweather with a very nice gift for helping him pull off the biggest con in the history of combat sports.

Reactions: Vancouver_98683
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store