Monster azul from Rio das Mortes

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
I always wanted some nice yellow bodied azul. I just don't have a large enough tank so I stick to the smaller cichla species

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
I always wanted some nice yellow bodied azul. I just don't have a large enough tank so I stick to the smaller cichla species
I didn't quite catch there colour to well, there main body colouration is almost like a sunset. Actually turns orange towards the bottom. I will figure out the camera one day. Lol!

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
I didn't quite catch there colour to well, there main body colouration is almost like a sunset. Actually turns orange towards the bottom. I will figure out the camera one day. Lol!
You'll never catch how they look in person. I just don't think it's possible.

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
You'll never catch how they look in person. I just don't think it's possible.
I'd like to hope/think I could. But your properly right there mate. You never can quite get what are eyes can see.

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
I'd like to hope/think I could. But your properly right there mate. You never can quite get what are eyes can see.
Same with mine, They never look good on camera like they do in person.
You have some nice fish there. I wish I hade the room for some and tems..

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
Well think I've had these around a month now.

There was Abit of arguing with the to large males. Nothing to serious. I've managed to move the smaller male on, as he was the back up incase the one didn't make it during shipping.

The big guy is really colouring up even better than I'd could of ever imagine. He's a seriously impressive fish.

I'm hoping with the other male removed that they might even get there grove on. I've spotted the female hanging around the rock in the tank a lot. So that could be a good sign, although I've not got a clue how to breed bass. So this is my little project.

I'm currently changing the tank over to a black water setup. Adding more wood and I've got a large rock to go in.

Hopfully this will help them, they seem a lot more comfortable now and a lot less spooky. I've got them eatting prawns quite happily and there starting to strike at the pellet when I drop them in.

Anyways, I'll add some Pictures and do another update once the tank is finished after its make over.

IMG_4722.PNG

IMG_4723.PNG

IMG_4724.PNG

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Very nice azuls, beautiful!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com