MONSTER BICHIR CHECK OUT PIX!

Divasen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2010
IN MY TANK
rnbanjao;4516328; said:
it is an ansorgii IMHO.. large ansorgiis sometimes doesn't have markings... i have one at 15" and a congi they do look different... most of the pics posted here on the huge bichirs are large ansorgii...

BTW-> if you guys want 2ft+ ansorgiis, ask toyin he has them in stock at this time...

K its a ansorgii, please if you couls post pics of you cong and ansorgii, i want to see what you guys see and what the difference are ? as i clearly dont see it.:screwy:

Thank you

rnbanjao

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2009
Dirty South, USA
Divasen;4523191; said:
K its a ansorgii, please if you couls post pics of you cong and ansorgii, i want to see what you guys see and what the difference are ? as i clearly dont see it.:screwy:

Thank you
remember i only put IMHO.., because of variation in each species.., so hope these pics help...

congicus

ansorgii

on the last pic above the congicus is in the very back showing only the rip tail...

my congicus died BTW.. jump out the tank... so this are old pics about 1.5 months ago...

Divasen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2010
IN MY TANK
rnbanjao;4525564; said:
remember i only put IMHO.., because of variation in each species.., so hope these pics help...

congicus

ansorgii

on the last pic above the congicus is in the very back showing only the rip tail...

my congicus died BTW.. jump out the tank... so this are old pics about 1.5 months ago...
Thanks for the pics, sorry abt the cong:confused:

Divasen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2010
IN MY TANK
rnbanjao;4525650; said:
that is the same ansorgii as the older pic.. i only have 1 big one.. heheh
How is big is he, as for the difference in the two i can see one between you ans and cong,

From the monster poly pic, how did you tell it was a ansorgii if i may ask?

rnbanjao

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2009
Dirty South, USA
about 14-15" now
difference: the pattern on the body and coloration.. congicus --> stripe like endli but thinner and has more stripes
ansorgii --> checkered pattern or can be plain like my first ansorii pic (the 2nd pic looks like a differnt fish but its the exact same one.. just differnttank bottom color).... depending on substrate or the fish itself...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store