Monster Diatomaceous Earth (DE) filter!

kamikaziechameleon

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2010
western hemisphere
I hate pond tubbing because it leaks lol and love clear vinyl tubing because it doesn't. I prefer straight PVC though. Depending on how this thing gets going I might go back and plumb it hard line or something like that.

kamikaziechameleon

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2010
western hemisphere
I do worry that a DE filter might not work out for my planted tank though, lol in witch case I'll put it in line for the return on my super sump in my basement as a super water polisher.

Oughtsix

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Redmond, OR
Some day I hope to have my setup static enough in its configuration to use all hard PVC. The Hayward is a big step in that direction as I have been very happy with it and don't forsee changing it any time in the future.

I have to confess that I kind of enjoy re-engineering and improving my setup. Someday when everything runs perfectly, like it envision it should, I will probably get bored with it... LOL!!!!

kamikaziechameleon

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2010
western hemisphere
Holly crap this thing is HUGE! I definitely can't fit it in my hex stand, lol. I will be using it on one of my sumps in the basement in short order, but that won't be for a few weeks.

kamikaziechameleon

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2010
western hemisphere
Ok, this might just explode your mind but I'm looking to put DE filtration on this system:

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?402500-My-fish-room-renovation-project/page8

The flow will be between 4,000 and 6,000 GPH (have to test my tanks and see what works best and have to install air line before I can finish setting it up for testing.). I spent all weekend laying the pipe for the 300 gallon super sump that will service 800 gallons of aquarium. I could really use your input here. Should I get a larger single DE filter or run two smaller ones?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store