Monster grand daddy...NOT!

chook

Feeder Fish
May 21, 2005
they look cool i like them becaus im pretty sure a blood parrot and an red devil make a flowerrhorn and i loooove flowerhorns
=chook

RockyGoldy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
chook said:
they look cool i like them becaus im pretty sure a blood parrot and an red devil make a flowerrhorn and i loooove flowerhorns
=chook
Well, to each his own...for me, i pretty much prefer BPs over FHs....

guesswho2005

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
Medowlakes,Alaska
Very nice set-up thanks for the pictures I really enjoyed them. I see in one pic what looks like a basket hanging about 10" in the tank. Are you introducing a new fish to the mix and is this your perfered way to introduce a new tank mate??????/

RockyGoldy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
guesswho2005 said:
Very nice set-up thanks for the pictures I really enjoyed them. I see in one pic what looks like a basket hanging about 10" in the tank. Are you introducing a new fish to the mix and is this your perfered way to introduce a new tank mate??????/
Glad that u enjoyed the pics...

oh, that is a holding tank for my tigrinus cat...due to its small size, it is better that it dwell in holding tank till it gets bigger.

Actually, by end of this week, I would be releaseing the dude into the main tank.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Nice tank!

Blood Parrots will breed willingly with large male pink convicts, though.. :) You want to know what the fry look like? Regular convicts with an interesting body shape.

Hasta,

Miles

RhomBeusBoi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
Gettin' Crunked
What's tha word....Have they spawned again?

RockyGoldy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
RhomBeusBoi said:
What's tha word....Have they spawned again?
I had seperated them into various tanks now....to prevent them to spawn again cus their aggression level is at the highest when they are spawning....

domdes

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2005
maryland
RockyGoldy said:
Hi MKFers...today was greeting by a pleasant surprise when I returned home from the office...wanted to feed the fishes in one of my tank and found that a pair of my King Kong Blood Parrots had laid eggs..literally almost covering the whole big dfirtwood!

The male is still trying to 'fertilise' the eggs. We all know that there is no way the eggs will hatch as all parrot fishes are sterile:

Close up shot of the eggs...I am not sure how many eggs are there...but its sure a hell yeah lots of them!

The proud parents guarding the eggs:

The tank shot...My Red Asian Aro hovering over the top and the rest of the tankmates seemed to be respecting the parents and not get too close to the breeding ground:

Hope u all enjoyed the pics..tot I would be Grand Dad soon if the eggs were to hatch...hahah...
people need to stop saying parrots r sterile, that is not the case always, many people overseas breed the parrot with flowerhorn cichlids with great success, so it is not true that parrots r sterile

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store