Monster Kok ZZ

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
I wish your kamfa male was fertile, could have been a great pair. Your Rd makes a good pair as well. Would love to see the babies.
I'll wait another year for the kamfa.. hes my favorite fish.

I have a female Kamfa. If I bred her with a Kamalau. Would I get fertile males? She looks to be quite stable. Gorgeous color pearls and body shape. Which tells me she isnt the 1st generation.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
I'll wait another year for the kamfa.. hes my favorite fish.

I have a female Kamfa. If I bred her with a Kamalau. Would I get fertile males? She looks to be quite stable. Gorgeous color pearls and body shape. Which tells me she isnt the 1st generation.
Mostly not but you might get lucky. It would be tough to find out fertile offspring.

Reactions: Fishenvy

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
Mostly not but you might get lucky. It would be tough to find out fertile offspring.
When you stabilize the Kamfa genetics by rebreeding offspring back to father you in turn gain the ability to produce fertile males.

I dont know the exact science behind it but that's what I've read so far.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
When you stabilize the Kamfa genetics by rebreeding offspring back to father you in turn gain the ability to produce fertile males.

I dont know the exact science behind it but that's what I've read so far.
It's like putting 75% genetics of fertile kamfa and 25% of other, so may work because of that.

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Big Kok females are one of the best ways to insure a greater percentage of the offspring also develop a nice sized kok. Did you just drop her into the tank with the male?? No time separated via a divider?? I have had to many deaths doing that. Maybe you have better luck them me.

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
Big Kok females are one of the best ways to insure a greater percentage of the offspring also develop a nice sized kok. Did you just drop her into the tank with the male?? No time separated via a divider?? I have had to many deaths doing that. Maybe you have better luck them me.
My male Kamfa is a sweetheart. Hes been with 5 females and hes my welcome wagon. That loverboy wont do anything.

I haven't had any deaths or bites actually. Plus that shot doesn't show any of the caves she has to hide in if she feels threatened.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store