Monters for a 30 gallon?

Fish_are_fishfood

Sea Robin
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
MA
Yeah, I was thinking about putting in one peice of fake drfitwood in the center, and some fake plants around it and in the back.

Dargath78

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
How abou a pair of arapaima gigas? Just kidding.

I like the convict idea. Or Rainbow Cichlids, I have one and he is only about 4 inches and has great color.

Fish_are_fishfood

Sea Robin
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
MA
Dargath78 said:
How abou a pair of arapaima gigas? Just kidding.

I like the convict idea. Or Rainbow Cichlids, I have one and he is only about 4 inches and has great color.
Ha, maybe in my 30,000 gallon pool.... :ROFL: actually I have no clue how big 30,000 would be, but I just thought it fit so... there ya go!

So far I like the firemouths, rams, bucktooth tetras, catfish, and cray fish. SO here is a question, would all of these fish get along with crayfish? Or would any of these fish get along with eachother, such as a ram, bucktooth tetra and a catfish, for example? The cat fish would be as previously suggested syndontis catfish, bumblebee catfish or dwarf marbled catfish.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Nothing gets along with crayfish unless you periodly remove their thumbs.
By the way, a pool a bit more than 40'x25'x4' is about 30,000 gallons, I think it would work nicely for a couple of gigas.

Fish_are_fishfood

Sea Robin
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
MA
I added in some raw shrimp today, so now, once again it is time to wait, and pay off my dad the rest of the money I owe him for the tank :D soon enough though, I will have fresh fish...

Fish_are_fishfood

Sea Robin
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
MA
finsandfangs said:
i would put 15 exodons ( bucktoothed tetra) and a cray fish.... they are mean when it comes to feeding and the crayfish will eat what ever makes it to the bottom if anything
These exodons seem cool, and I am looking into them, but 15 seems like a lot to put in the 29 gallon, or am I wrong?

seung_k

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2005
Hawaii
All are great suggestions...I had a 30 gallon African cichlid tank with about 9 total. They all lived in harmony, and stunning yellow and blue colors. And like all cichlids, feeding time was always a treat to watch. Good Luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store