More tank pics, updated

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Another pic with Mongo and the grandkids. Behind Mongo is son Shade. The fry skitter all around the adults in a cloud. I'll be fishing them out soon and moving them to a growout tank.

MONGO FRIES.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Deadeye and Matth05

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
I finally had to take him out to examine his lip. This shot was taken today and the lip is much improved after the salt/sulfaplex soak overnight. He was put back in his tank and seems pretty normal. I think he pecked at a few pellets.

How big is he now? A quarter is next to him here. I could have weighed him but it wasn't necessary and I didn't want to stress him.

TANGO.jpg

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
More updates.

Bp Tango's mouth is healed and he's eating fine. It took him a day to trust me again, lol. He's also started to play with his soccer balls! The hrp fry in the 125 are at 1/2" now and seem to be calming dithers for some of the adults. I'll still have to fish them out before too long. Definitely want to keep a couple of the pink ones once I can sex them.

For now, Hulk is the biggest son of Pip/Mongo. He's smelling himself a bit lately, mixing it up with female acara Jazz and bp Boss. Goon City is back. So here's the deal. Hulk has an area behind the big sponge filter in a back corner. He also squeezes into the nearest big log. If Pip is in there she won't let him in and rams the big goofball out.

At times Jazz wants this log, so she'll sit next to it for hours looking for an opening.(she and Brick are my most stubborn fish) Hulk won't give it up so the two of them liplock. Jazz gets spicy and is perfectly willing to give it a go...Hulk is actually taller than she is! But she's longer and pretty thick to her tail so the two of them are evenly matched. Boss will just sit nearby and watch. Brick doesn't get involved in small squabbles so he goes about his buisness.

Since he couldn't make either the parrot or acara leave his area Hulk decided to go up in weight class, attacking the parrot. Bad idea. They liplocked 3 times and 3 times Hulk got shoved back and banged around. On the third grip Boss tossed him sideways and kept pressing. Hulk took off and darted behind the sponge filter.

This went on so long Brick finally went over to investigate. At this point Hulk made his final mistake. Jazz scoots away and Boss just watches as Brick rooted around the log. Hulk has a wire pop loose in his head and decides to attack Brick head on.

The 'fight' lasted like .000003 seconds. Brick flicked his head and there was a 'pop' as he basically hit Hulk with his mouth. The Oscar didn't move an inch. Hulk bounced off the glass, freaked out and disappeared behind the sponge filter again. He creeped out hours later.

Despite his ridiculous size, Hulk is something of a wimp. He runs his siblings around a bit, especially when it's time to eat. But hive queen Pip won't put up with his attempts to nest with her. He even tried to bully her a couple of times and she bullied right back. So he just hangs around like her private bodyguard. Not that she needs it. She's the only hrp that maintains her full dominant colors at all times now. I believe all the siblings in the 225 are males as well.

Hulk wisely disappears when Brick or Boss show up to sleep near his log. Just another typical weekend in Goon City.

1674327058099.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store