Most Rare Freshwater Fishes

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Legal? well, blackhand paradisefish, golden dragon cavefish, and nursefish are all pretty hard to come by.

Ianab

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2007
New Zealand
Here's some fish you probably haven't seen before.
Not much chance of getting them outside of NZ though, and the Mudfish is strictly protected as it's vary rare (habitat destruction :( )

http://picasaweb.google.com/nznativefish/NativesAtFNZASNationalFishShow

The Giant Kopopu are very impressive, they live in small forest streams only a few inches deep. Really cool finding 8-12" fish in tiny creeks not even that wide ;)

Cheers

Ian

Druu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Notre Dame, IN
brcacti;1216137; said:
Celocanthe :) :)
Most rare? Meaning "rarest"? Coelacanth are marine. They're critically endangered. Latimeria chalumnae is the species name I know off the top of my head. The species off the coast of Comoros is also in the genus latimeria though.

---XR---

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pa

yourockit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2007
Los Angeles
Druu;1228315; said:
Most rare? Meaning "rarest"? Coelacanth are marine. They're critically endangered. Latimeria chalumnae is the species name I know off the top of my head. The species off the coast of Comoros is also in the genus latimeria though.
No, most rare, meaning, not "rarest". martianmonkeydoodlebop:D. wow, never seen those before; they are beautful. remind me of arapimas.
~
Mekong catfishes. :chillpill:

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
Hey anyone seen electric eels for sale? Ive never heard of someone having one but I saw one for sale last weekend!!! Are they rare?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store