Motoro Questions

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Once they feel comfortable they wont need to hide. Without the ability to hide they can stress more easily (if they want to hide and can't).
When they get the idea that the surroundings aren't all bad and they come out (to get food and explore) they'll stay out. However, if they do get spooked they still have the ability to act as naturally as possible.

By the way, that's not me in the avatar and I rarely get headaches.

ethnics

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
SouthEast SD
oh ok. i get what ur trying to say. sorry. i jus looked at it differently. i was comparing it more to regular fish. give it to much decor and it hides all day long, i'd remove the decor. and i haven't tried sand with my rays yet but maybe i should. its funny trying to see them barry them selves without sand. looks like there throwing a tantrum like a lil kid.

JamieC77

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2006
Indiana
Ok I will try the drip system next time thanks for the info. He isn't hiding as much but he just isn't swiming around until it's dark it's like he is nocturnal (if that's even how you spell it)

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
It's not uncommon for them to be fairly inactive. Once it gets comfy it should be fine though.

How well is it eating?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store