Motoro stingray tiny white spot need help

Kmcgregor458

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2016
I just noticed when i woke up today my motoro stingray has a couple tiny white spots on the top of his head. I have him about 3 months and recently put him in a bigger 75gal tank. Im not sure what it is or how to treat it. I've done a lot of research and i know they don't do good with medication can someone please help!!!

20161210_071142.jpg

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Couple questions:
tankmates? what kind of substrate is that?
what kind of Filtration? temps? Test results if you have them?

Is it still Active? feeding ok? try not to panic until their behavior changes

Doesn't look like anything serious at this point. I have to ask the obvious question. Do you have a larger tank ready? That ray can get enormous, 24"+ disc and when properly fed and housed they grow fast.

Kmcgregor458

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2016
Im ready to get a bigger tank when he gets bigger i have him with an arrowana and an Asian needle nose as well as some snails. The substrate is just black sand idk what it's called but it was more expensive than just the regular sand. I have two air filters i copied the same set up they had at the fish place. He is still very active and eating. Water temp is 79 idk the nitrate or ammonia i do 60% water change at least once a week. I went to the fish place and they told me he could have just scratched himself on the driftwood and not to worry

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Should be adequate for the time being. What's the filtration? I think the small skin issues will clear up, just want to make sure it's not ammonia burn. sometimes that starts as small white bump/bubbles

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
If it's just the two sponge filters you need to beef that up ASAP

Kmcgregor458

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2016
Thanks i just upgraded to a fluval 205 canister got it for $60. I had just copied the same tank that where in at the store but when i upgraded to the 75 gal it must not have been enough. Thank you very much for your help. Ill move him to a different tank before he gets eaten i just wanted something else cool that wouldn't eat all the stingrays food.

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Thanks i just upgraded to a fluval 205 canister got it for $60. I had just copied the same tank that where in at the store but when i upgraded to the 75 gal it must not have been enough. Thank you very much for your help. Ill move him to a different tank before he gets eaten i just wanted something else cool that wouldn't eat all the stingrays food.
Keep the sponges and 205 on for sure

Reactions: viper0397
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store