My 1200g indoor pond build

BigLinc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2008
southbend, in
well i finally got a start on my pond that ive been meaning to build for about 6 months now for my rtc and oscars

anyways, here is the first 2 hours of work, i think me and my buddy got alot done in a short period

bringing home the lumber

laying out the treated bottom plate, thats my r/o holding tank for the reefs in the back ground

about 30 minutes in

really starting to take shape at about a hour in, at this point i couldnt believe i was making it this big but i wanted to have something large enough to ad more fish, local fish shop took in 3 large pacus that im going rescue as soon as it is up and running

finally complete with OSB liner,
next will be a layer of sheet foam insulation before the pond liner which should be here by the middle of the week

chrisstylez1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2009
PA/NJ
Nice start! Keep the updates coming.

Toxic Fish 9999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2009
WI
nice i wish my parents would let me make one what are you going to put in it?

buddha1200

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2008
camden, NJ
thats a big pond what kinda filtration are you going to use?

BigLinc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2008
southbend, in
thanks guys, it is 8x8x30

what i have now that will be getting transfered to it is three 12"+ tiger oscars and a 14"+ red tail cat, ive got three 16"+ pacus that im resucing as soon as i get it up and running

for filtration im going to attempt to make a canister filter of sorts out of a brute trash can

Ctrl_Alt_Dlt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
MN
wow! awesome! I cannot wait to build 2 like this this summer. Thanks for the pics.

How many inches of water do you plan to put in?

zgoldsmith23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2008
Memphis, TN / Manhattan, KS
That's gonna be a sick pond. I can't wait to see the finished product!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store