My 125g diamond back terrapin habitat.

eblopluto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2011
NJ
After finding this tank and all lighting and tubing and 5 power heads for 100 dollars. I have resealed it, bought a fx5 filter I have created my habitat. I need green plants help me get start and Pls critique my aquarium. Thanks. i luv my turtles. Oh I did build my stand and topper from scratch ....
My next I will probably get some fish and plants. How do fresh water plants work in aquariums?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1334423103505.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1334423133087.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1334423153556.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1334423187054.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1334423215893.jpg

Creek_stomper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2010
Illinois
Looks good. Fresh water plants do well in aquariums, but turtles are often pretty hard on them. Hornwort and anacharis are both free-floating plants that suck up a lot of waste from the water. They can make a bit of a mess, but you won't have to worry about them staying rooted (which is hard to achieve with turtles).

Josh H

eblopluto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2011
NJ
Thanks ill look right into those 2 plants. And your right turtles like to dig and play it is hard to keep anything in place with them... thanks again

Fishcrunch

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2009
Texas
Awesome tank and terrapins, are they male and female?

eblopluto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2011
NJ
Yes 2 males and 2 females I have tanks at my mothers caring for the babies I hatch what I can and then release them in the bay in ocean city nj.

Fishcrunch

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2009
Texas
Geez, 4 terrapins?? That's something to brag about.

eblopluto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2011
NJ
Water lettuce? Hmm I will check my local pet shops. Anything special for plants I need? I have 3 flouresant sun lights on 8 hours a day and a basking bulb on 24 hours. Do I have to pot them in the water? Tie the plants down to something? Sorry I just have an urge to learn. Lol thanks

Creek_stomper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2010
Illinois
Water lettuce is floating as well. Other floaters are frogbit and water hyacinth. Plants that need to be rooted are thing like ludwigia, vallisneria, amazon swords, etc. Some like Java fern can be tied to driftwood upon which they will root.

Josh H

eblopluto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2011
NJ
OK thanks for all your help. I am out trying to find water lettuce. I been to PETCO and monster pets. I have been told to check pet smart they have aqua plants? On my way to pet smart now. Thanks again

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store